Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sustenance hunt?????

Re: Sustenance hunt?????

Quote Originally Posted by .308SLAYER View Post
    Exact reasons why there is some who follow the rules for self pride and dignity conservation..one of my best friends is status from region 8 dudes a machine taught me most of my Bush skills and a very respectful hunter. I know of another guy who has 4 350 plus okanagon bull elk taken in season. one taken with a bow...some are very respectful and good outdoorsman dont paint all with the same brush
    What is needed is for those that follow the rules to stand up and call out those that don’t. FNs need to publicly call out those that abuse the rights. Good luck with that.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Not taking sides here but lets bring in some perspective. Every year I see hunters oogle those with Governor Tags. Guys that have so much money they can buy their way into hunting when no one else can. Heck, we praise these guys. Did you know that every year a rich dude can hunt sheep in a Canadian National Park and you guys clap your hands every year when you see the cranker that was shot? Hmmm
    Im pretty sure 100% of the funds collected go back into conservation, and that is something to clap for, with that being said I would rather see it be done by raffle so everyone has a chance.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

-- I get up every morning - to thee Alarms clock warning -- take the eight fifteen into Mule Deer City -- people pushin people shovin and all dah girls are trying to look pretty --And if the trains on time -- I get to work at nine --
    Yah see I like to work at nuttin all day - It's thee work that I avoid look at me I'm self employed.
    --- I Love 2 werk at Nuttin all day -- If you ever get annoyed look at me I'm self employed -- Lyin in the sun - have'n so much fun - tell em that you like it that way!
    -- It's the work that I avoid - look at me -- I'm Self Employed - and I'm taken care of bees wax every day --
    Jelly B.T.O. --- Taken Care of Bees Wax every day -- we like it that way ---> Bachman Turner Over Drive -- be a learner open your mind and try to be kind.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 11-17-2018 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Face the music -- we all die

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    All people with the same rules in BC? -----> I have to wear a safety helmet when I ride a bike or motor cycle butt I know a certain race that don't need too in BC
    -- Ahhh -- same rules for everyone? ______ your full a sheep shit!
    ---I bet nun of you woody face this guy face to face and tell him what your saying here Hahahahaha, 3 hour hike into the area? You need to be in some kinda shape!
    Give this guy a bit of room to wonder, the future we all must ponder, some think of sheep much fonder, he's in form, above the norm, hacked many a storm
    ---When you get all people or nun to have to wear safety helmets in BC --when riding bikes on the roads, then we tackle these big issues --

Jelly Van Stood Dah Baker -- On the road riding a bike and I have to wear a helmet or get a $ 1000,00 fine and ICBC cancels my claim to fame!
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Am I missing something about everyone the same? Hahahahaha
    Yes there is other stupid racist laws. Most don’t make as big of a deal about the helmet law because it just gives the right for those with religious head gear the right to bounce their head directly off the pavement instead of a helmet. No real benefit other than you don’t have to wear a piece of personal safety equipment. Not much of an impact on the general public really. But guess what there are bikers who have a problem with it too. The reasons you see the issue with FN rights brought up on a hunting forum is it impacts hunters

As for this sheep first off my issue is with the laws that allow him to do this not so much the man. Do I respect this hunt no. If he did it to sell the horns I think that’s pathetic but don’t know this for a fact. Personally seen way worst examples of FN abuse of their rights but this case has the whole SHEEP word involved

As for the 3hr hike you realize that is F all for a mountain hunt right?lol and well there is lots of hunters that can do 3hrs hike in the mountains that are not in the greatest shape.

As for people not willing to tell the guy face to face I know lots that would and think nothing of it.

You seem to try to make excuses and use misdirection any time there is FN issue. Let’s cut the crap and be honest there are good FN that use their hunting rights in a respectful nature and there is scum FN that abuse those rights. Odds are if the ones who abuse their rights were actually held responsible by law or publicly by their own band(I know some offences the band gets involved) opinions may change. At this time those who abuse their rights do so unopposed for the most part

No I am not picking on you either before you claim that. Anyone throwing out comments like you did above would get a response

Jelvis . . . .psuedo 'keeper of the land'
    Defending a poacher.
    On and on it goes . . .

ACE I dig your avatar, it's the coolest on HBC, I hope that's you hunter?

Jello Ban Deeto -- d loosh inn al Poet - My feet are Long fellows they show it -- Hahahaha -- I dig yer avatar -- anyway even if you hate me Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Anyone that hikes 3 hours into the rocky - steep - mountainous terrain and is able to hunt down a ram, and then pack it out for another five hours is a guy I respect, one way or other, this fella ain't going to be bad mouthed by me.

Jelly Thee Pelly Viss -- hold it noo nooo rawwww k nooo dis iz dah rocko and i ain't listenig to ba mouthi my bro in hod it noooo
    Gotta go!
    My God Jelvis, he shot a ram on the winter range in the rut ! No skill involved, if you can make the walk you will kill a book ram. He will be bad mouthed by me.

If you people cood get together and hire a lawyer to get this guy in trouble with the law, otherwise just getting all emotional ain't doin nuttin honey
    Jel -- Hire a lawyer if you got the bucks -- otherwise this ranting and raving is just jive talkin -- goin nowhere but division and separation with this hissy talk --
    ------Like a guy in a bar, yankin yer chain and it's time to go outside he changes his mind same thing or If you played hockey and who hasn't?
    ----------------------------When you drop the gloves you start throwin - same thing -- time to drop the gloves means it's now or never --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 11-17-2018 at 11:54 AM. Reason: HE TAKES EN TO THE TOP

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Yes there is other stupid racist laws. Most don’t make as big of a deal about the helmet law because it just gives the right for those with religious head gear the right to bounce their head directly off the pavement instead of a helmet. No real benefit other than you don’t have to wear a piece of personal safety equipment. Not much of an impact on the general public really. But guess what there are bikers who have a problem with it too. The reasons you see the issue with FN rights brought up on a hunting forum is it impacts hunters

As for this sheep first off my issue is with the laws that allow him to do this not so much the man. Do I respect this hunt no. If he did it to sell the horns I think that’s pathetic but don’t know this for a fact. Personally seen way worst examples of FN abuse of their rights but this case has the whole SHEEP word involved

As for the 3hr hike you realize that is F all for a mountain hunt right?lol and well there is lots of hunters that can do 3hrs hike in the mountains that are not in the greatest shape.

As for people not willing to tell the guy face to face I know lots that would and think nothing of it.

You seem to try to make excuses and use misdirection any time there is FN issue. Let’s cut the crap and be honest there are good FN that use their hunting rights in a respectful nature and there is scum FN that abuse those rights. Odds are if the ones who abuse their rights were actually held responsible by law or publicly by their own band(I know some offences the band gets involved) opinions may change. At this time those who abuse their rights do so unopposed for the most part

No I am not picking on you either before you claim that. Anyone throwing out comments like you did above would get a response
    Yup, a 3hr hike is sweet F'all!!
    Fastest way for me was 10hrs, every step straight up (total body/leg burn), and NO TRAIL!
    I know other who go harder then that.
    3 hrs is dick.
    Reason it was 3, probably cause it is "after the season", and sheep are lower down due to mating.
    Want my respect, do it "in season".

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Im pretty sure 100% of the funds collected go back into conservation, and that is something to clap for, with that being said I would rather see it be done by raffle so everyone has a chance.
    And that is where you are mistaken. A portion of the proceeds goes to sheep conservation, and then the rest goes to the local first nation. And because a white guy is doing the grip and grin with a cranker, the crowd applauds with a standing ovation.

I don't understand the constant bitching on this site regarding First Nation Hunting Rights. You do realize it has been this way since Confederation? But a bunch of white elites are going to change that by bitching on a hunting internet site? Hahaha!