Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sustenance hunt?????

Re: Sustenance hunt?????

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
    FN have the right to hunt the way they want, we cannot really dictate what is right or wrong for them. Is it ok for them to shoot a 5 yr old ram? what about a ewe?

Anyways, the only issue/concern that can be addressed with FN hunting is to ensure the species can handle it. If a species is declining or not healthy enough to support hunting then FN or anyone else does not have the right to hunt them. I would be onboard criticizing a hunt that was threatening a species but I am not going to criticize an FN because he shot a big animal and put in the effort to do it, actually more power to him.

We get mad that FN's drive around in their trucks shooting immature animals and now we are getting mad that they are putting in the effort and hunting hard to take a mature specimen. Seems like a lot of hate no matter what the situation is.
    Bang on, hit the nail on the head, plain old jealousy in many cases?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Like those crooks being led by a cow were any better? You have to have a nut loose to think they were. Giving away hunting allocations to outfitters isn't the only crap they were pulling on us. ONE thing you can be sure of, if the Lieberals had been re-elected EVERYTHING would be on LEH by now and the outfitters would have an even bigger allocation.
    That is the lie that you swallowed so the Fed could get in bed with Weaver, Tides and Raincoast. Yup, we are so much better off now ain't we?

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    And that is where you are mistaken. A portion of the proceeds goes to sheep conservation, and then the rest goes to the local first nation. And because a white guy is doing the grip and grin with a cranker, the crowd applauds with a standing ovation.

I don't understand the constant bitching on this site regarding First Nation Hunting Rights. You do realize it has been this way since Confederation? But a bunch of white elites are going to change that by bitching on a hunting internet site? Hahaha!

I reached out to my friends in wildlife and gov on ur above comment that "the rest of the proceeds go directly to First Nations". That is not factual....not even close. Quite frankly it is a personal and fabricated statement on ur behalf. Why would you even say that. Why would you make statements about FN receiving direct compensation and the telling folks to Google it rather than giving evidence and factual data? I am horribly confused.

Those that run the show can not support what you have stated.
    So why?

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Well Now isn't that a turn of THOUGHT ? Hmm ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    That is the lie that you swallowed so the Fed could get in bed with Weaver, Tides and Raincoast. Yup, we are so much better off now ain't we?
    and it continues
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

http://huntingreport.redpointresolut...tish-columbia/

There's a name mentioned in there that doesn't surprise me...
    Last edited by .264winmag; 11-18-2018 at 12:53 AM.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I reached out to my friends in wildlife and gov on ur above comment that "the rest of the proceeds go directly to First Nations". That is not factual....not even close. Quite frankly it is a personal and fabricated statement on ur behalf. Why would you even say that. Why would you make statements about FN receiving direct compensation and the telling folks to Google it rather than giving evidence and factual data? I am horribly confused.

Those that run the show can not support what you have stated.
    So why?
    And your continued bashing of First Nations on this board is factual data??? I hear your last rant was a doesy. Sooo bad a bunch of people have put uou on the ignore list. So I wouldn't expect you to be any differnt on yet another First Nation Hunting thread.

And for the record, I am in no way against these tags. A win win for conservation and for the First Nations. Good projects that help both the wildlife and the people that live off those wildlife. Again my point was to show the glaring hypocrisy that some on this board are living in. It is okay for a rich white guy to hunt in a National Park for a cranker because the end justifies the means but it is not alright for a local First Nation to hunt their traditional territory because it is a National Park? It is alright for a white resident trophy hunter to kill a 190 ram but gawd forbid if a First Nation member shoots anything but a ewe or banana curl, even though a mature ram is the better choice.

Talking to yourself again, carry on
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Dudes a POACHER.

Period.

One law for all.
    there is one law its just that the natives have no law.

why do you think there are a disproportionate natives in the jails
    because the are not taught right from wrong.
    the more people i meet the better i like my dog.