Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolves in the Okanagan

Wolves in the Okanagan

With all the talk of wolf populations on the rise in the Okanagan, how many are consistently picking up wolves on their trail cams?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wolves in the Okanagan

I'll see if I can get the pic of one of the latest wolf tracks we found in the snow from are recent R3 hunt.
    Sorry, not Okanagan.
    But they are everywhere now.

I have 4 cameras out at anytime and have yet to get a okanagan wolf pic. I did get into a few sets of tracks on the weekend in the snow while mooose hunting last week. I have seen a pack of wolfs 4-5 of them once in my life hunting in the okanagan boundary area.

I found one area with wolf sign and I did get one on cam in reg8 last winter....I tried a distress call to bring em in but no success..suggestions?

Saw a big black wolf on the side of the highway just before the turn off to big white about a month ago. Made the guard rail look small it was standing so big behind it.
    I've seen tracks every now and then but never heard nor seen them in the woods around kelowna / penticton area
    ig: mmckimmi

No pictures, but saw one standing in the middle of the FSR for a hot second before it vanished. Up in 8-25, few weeks ago.

Ironically I had a pair of wolves cruise by my cam in region 3 last week within 20 yards, just out of range. Same thing applied yesterday in region 8, although I chalk up the R8 cam missed them as it is a cheap Tasco.

No pics so far
    8-24, 8-23 boundary - ish
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    No pics so far
    8-24, 8-23 boundary - ish
    I have shot a couple out of 8-23 2 and 3 years ago . Also got a couple good ones on cams and have heard them at night a few times now camping usually around October 1st -15th coincident or not during the moose rut . I know of a den as well in 23 .

In saying that I cant say i have noticed a rise in wolf pops if not dropping or moving to different areas because game numbers are dropping and they have moved to brighter pastures