Thread: Hunting around Prince George area

Hunting around Prince George area

Hi to all,
    recently moved to PG for work and I’m trying to catch the end of muley season. So far I’ve been just trying to find sign on the bobtail, but it seems it’s all wolf tracks or hunters. If someone would point me in the right direction I’d be greatful.

thanks,
    -2La

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting around Prince George area

Williams Lake
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

South or east 1.5 hrs

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    South or east 1.5 hrs
    If you head east it’s mainly a private property hunt. I would go south myself

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Lets just say, find fresh deer sign, and hunt that area. Ive been out quite a bit around PG, and we all better lay a beat down on predators this winter!! I have not cut many fresh deer tracks, but when I do find them, there are usually wolf tracks not too far behind! I'd head south, or north for deer, like 3 hours north, or 2-3 hours south! Not trying to steer you clear of anywhere, but it is effin skimpy for deer around PG!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    Lets just say, find fresh deer sign, and hunt that area. Ive been out quite a bit around PG, and we all better lay a beat down on predators this winter!! I have not cut many fresh deer tracks, but when I do find them, there are usually wolf tracks not too far behind! I'd head south, or north for deer, like 3 hours north, or 2-3 hours south! Not trying to steer you clear of anywhere, but it is effin skimpy for deer around PG!! Moosin
    Yes. I’ve seen tracks in river bottoms with THICK steep sides. I will look around there a bit more before the season is over but not much hope.

I moved to PG almost 2 years ago now from the Okanagan. Very different for deer hunting to say the least.. they are around PG, both WT and Mule deer. But it's all thick thick bush and can be difficult to hunt. The Bobtail area does hold some good Mulies but you need to get off the road if you haven't already. Well off the road.

Like it's been mentioned in previous posts, North, South or East is where the deer hunting gets better. But if you aren't willing to drive a couple hours you'll need to get out and find the sign. Took me a good couple months of scouting and hunting to find a decent area, I ended up with a 4 pt Mulie towards the end of November last season.

Goodluck!

Try around Walker and Dome Creek. Lots of crown land there.