Thread: Archers of Kamloops.

Archers of Kamloops.

Arrow flingers of the loops,

Any of you wanting involvement in archery opportunities, events and a scene re-invigoration, would you please let yourselves be known!

Casual arrow flingers, serious competitors, bowhunters, everyone. Traditional and Compound (especially wheelie bows - just to stop the accusations of traditional bias!)

Archery in Kamloops is about to be revitalised and any and all participation and contributions will be welcomed and encouraged.

Cheers!

Marc

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Archers of Kamloops.

The Kamloops 3-Ds was one of the best 3-D events in the province and would be shurly missed if cancelled . Hopefully it will continue as in the past with all bow classes . If however if that will not happen then perhaps a down sized Traditional fun event . The premise of this type of event is that far less manpower and administration is required !
    As in the past I would certainly attend and enjoy one of the top 3-D grounds , along with the donation of Custom Woodturned Bowl !
    Cheers and good luck .
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

I'd like to help. What are the details?

Thanks Ken!

I was previously the archery chair here and we are returning to the position to once again (glutton for punishment) do our thing and revitalise the scene here.

We had our reasons why we left but the club deserves a better archery representation and whilst the lone wolf held the fort in our absence, he was not supported by local archers. Sadly, I was not surprised but I believe we have drummed up enough help to justify our decision to return.
    My wife and I never stopped shooting or attending shoots and representing but we missed the social scene and as a highly competitive shooter, I needs it!
    So, now we return.
    We can do it, we can rebuild it and get it going again. I will have the excellent board of the KTSA on board, I'm sure.........
    But we can't....... we won't be doing it alone, we need help, hence this post.
    Now the priority will be fostering a scene, a group, a community that I see at every thriving club that Kamloops struggles with.

Kamloops archers on Facebook will be updated and at the very least a monthly pub meet up will be happening, at least for the winter.

KTSA membership is required. right?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

My grandson and I, are looking forward to your shoots!
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Way to step up Marc. Well done. I know with the passion Katie and you both bring this will benefit your social requirements first and foremost, but perhaps more importantly your passion will be contagious and we may find hunters and youth interested in target archery taking up the challenge.

Great news for Kamloops and Region 3.

Thanks Jim.

The frustrating thing is the numbers of shooters and bowhunters in the area, there's lots of them!

Without getting into in depth politics and all that region 3 could definitely use some solidarity and bowhunters from across the board (and region) could do a lot worse than use archery get-togethers to form unity.....strength in numbers and all that.

Anyone thinking about trying out archery come down to the weekly winter indoor shooting on sundays @ Westsyde Neighbourhood Centre 6:00pm to 9:00pm.

This year was my first time on the archery scene and everyone was super helpful from outsyder having me come to his house to set me up and coach me with my shooting. To hanging out with great guys with knowledge and wisdom like greybark. The archery community is awesome they've been nothing but welcoming to my kids and myself. So if you're thinking about trying to get into archery go to your local club there's lots of great people there that love to see new people joining in.

Officially taking the hotseat back on Sunday.

Lots going and planned for archery in the Kamloops area, not least good synergy with the resurgent Logan Lake club, potentially further opportunities in the area and regular events, get-togethers and the benefits from numbers of archers and bowhunters coming together regularly.

We have our 3D shoot upcoming in April and the potential of further smaller shoots/flat fields and all that good stuff should we get the interest and attendance.

So, stick flingers of Kamloops, we are thinking big and have everything (almost) in place so come along and see! This Sunday night is our regular indoor thing with extended hours starting at 6 (normally 7.30) and running until 9 at the old westsyde elementary. The venue and timing is not the best, we know but it will be moving on for next year and opportunities will be limited for at least the next month but stuff is still going on. Theres also the "Kamloops Archers" FB page which is regularly updated with stuff going on. Some good folks showing up and laughs are had!

A side note, all the archery shenanigans will mostly be revolving around the KTSA and its decent facilities so a membership is required, but its cheap and you get a lot (all info on KTSA website) and in return, archers of Kamloops will get well supported by the KTSa and its board.

With the right input there is no reason why we can't have one of the best archery facilities around.........with the right input!

See y'all out there soon!

Marc