Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What calls do you use?

What calls do you use?

Right now I have been hooked no my echo call meat hanger and an old rnt I havd had for about 10 years. What works for you..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What calls do you use?

Duck Commander Duck picker that I got on sale at Canadian tire. Tried it out this season and it actually makes them turn! Very loud too. I play the French horn, so this feels like playing a kazoo haha.

French horn hey hahahaha

On my Lanyard this year

Ducks
    Pacific Calls 'Joker' Single Reed, Easy to blow, LOUD, Super raspy, lots of range(cajun squeal, bouncing hen)
    Zink 'ATM' Double Reed easiest call to sound like a duck anyone can blow it only downside requires alot of air
    Buck Gardner 6 in 1 call

Goose
    Pacific Calls 'Four of a kind' Easy to blow and lots of range and fast call
    Zink 'Cod' Very easy to sound goosey
    Last edited by ZacNap; 11-13-2018 at 09:39 PM.

I am an RNT man through and through but bought this GOEY HOLLERIN HEN and damn it sounds great better than my daisy cutter and that's a great call so .

Olt.................................
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

I make my own. Can't come to spend $150 on a piece of plastic mass produced. I like the sound of wood.

Last edited by shelg; 12-12-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    Olt.................................

what kind of olt? a cutdown keyhole is one of the dirtiest duck calls ever made.

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

I run an old Olt too, cocobola wood or something like that, that I have had since I was 12. Melodious mallardish noises issue forth when in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing. In my hands, not so much. More often than not I don't call and rely on decoys to do the work. One very good and experienced guy I hunt with from time to time hates calling - or at least listening to people calling. Never uses them. The only time I have seen him call is using just his mouth when hunting for snows.

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    what kind of olt? a cutdown keyhole is one of the dirtiest duck calls ever made.

Lorne
    Just checked mine. It is a Mk V. Walnut apparently, not cocobolo. Sounds pretty good actually.