Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3rd fallow of the season:)

Question Re: 3rd fallow of the season:)

Quote Originally Posted by Takla View Post
    ... my daughters father in law goes on an island hunt every fall and fills the freezer.
    Paid Hunt or simply a landowner buddy?

Wondering...
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: 3rd fallow of the season:)

Got me wondering too, one of the lucky few on Mayne or...?

Quote Originally Posted by JG75 View Post
    How abundant are fallow deer. My wife and I are considering moving to the island for many reasons and one of the main ones is that you can hunt fallow deer all year long! And no bag limit. Are they really all over the place?
    That's a horrible reason to move here. I've heard of 2? fallow deer being spotted (outside of the few gulf islands where it's almost impossible to get permission without knowing the right people) one was an escapee in the cowichan valley before I was born, the other crossed active pass and was quickly dispatched. Just because the regs allow it doesn't mean they really exist.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Nope. About as rare as hen's teeth.
    The OP likely has permission on one of the few Islands that have them. or is paying to hunt on the same.

Kind of has me scratching my head as to location as a consequence...

Care to enlighten us Andrew???

Wondering...
    Nog
    I seem to be able to get permission on land to hunt fallow a lot more successfully than gaining permission to hunt ducks locally in the LML. Definitely not paying, in fact the people are wanting me there all the time hunting to get rid of the deer

I have a feeling I am going to be pissing a lot of people off come Feb when I am still hunting deer!!!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewh View Post
    I seem to be able to get permission on land to hunt fallow a lot more successfully than gaining permission to hunt ducks locally in the LML. Definitely not paying, in fact the people are wanting me there all the time hunting to get rid of the deer

I have a feeling I am going to be pissing a lot of people off come Feb when I am still hunting deer!!!! haha

Congrats on that Yes I do hate you a little though

I hope you understand lol

Want a partner?? I bow hunt too

if you start another thread about your secret ferral pig spot, everyone will hate you...Just kidding

Yep, I'll join you as well. My whole family lives out on the island. Always looking for a solid bowhunting buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewh View Post

So.... wanna be friends...?

Everyone jumping on the poor guy screaming take me take me. I can only imagine the PM’s of take me or ?s on where he is hunting

Andrewh do you feel like one of those lottery winners that suddenly has all these people wanting to be his friend? lol

Very cool seeing your success on fallow deer I say take this spot to your grave don’t even give out the island

Sidney island?