Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moose 2018

Re: Moose 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Cordillera View Post
    We flew the canoes in. And there was some small fish so we had a couple fry ups. Since we shot the moose on day one I thought we’d start to get a little bored but we found lots to do looking paddling around, making a cake for his birthday, making a sauna and glassing goats. Really an amazing way to pass a week.

Yes it was good to see the COs out. This is the second time I have been checked while I was a long way back. Apparently fly they were finding some people doing stupid stuff including one caribou without enough points. They were also very helpful. We had not brought photo ID for my sone as he doesn’t have a drivers lisence. I had mine.... they gave us a verbal warning since it’s a new requirement. For a youngster they need to get a service BC card and carry it with them when hunting just like an adult.
    Did you guys require an otter to bring in the canoes or was it multiple trips with a beaver?

WooHoo for sure. Awesome hunt.

Great story!! Awesome bull

Thumbs up Re: Moose 2018

Excellent!
    There is nothing quite like bringing a Young Gun into it, and Man! You are doing this one right!
    Please pass along my heartfelt Congrats!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

That is so awsome when the kids get to shoot, great hunt

nice to see it get done in the canoes...great work...I imagine the freezer is now full...heheheh

What an awesome bull, congrats to the young lad!

Awesome hunt! Good for your son getting such a big bull for his first moose. Good job Dad! thanks for taking the time to post up the story and pics, A+
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

A couple dandy bulls there men!! Congratulations to your young fella! Hell of a job, even with 4 men to get those steaks back to civilization!! The trip will be thought about with every bite!! Thanks for posting!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Two trips one canoe per flight.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. This is truly a proud dad. And I think he’s keen enough that I’ll be able to rely on him packing meat for me when I’m nor as able as I am now.

We sure noticed the weight of the biggest moose. The hinds were packed out whole and were 125 pounds each to the butcher!
    Last edited by Cordillera; 11-13-2018 at 07:53 PM.