Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regulation question

Regulation question

Not sure if it's been discussed or not... but if you win a doe draw in say region 8... and you shoot a buck in that region..Does that cancel your leh doe with the new bag limits?

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Regulation question

You betcha

No. Only 1 mule deer buck for region 3,4,5,6,7,8. Read page 17 of the regs. It seems pretty clear to me. Pm me if you want to discuss more or call the COs office.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyIfYouGetOne View Post
    You betcha
    Can you cite any part of the regulations book that supports your answer?

Take a look at page 17 in regs...a total of only one mule deer can be shot in region 8 whether a buck or a doe...if you shot a buck in region 8 you have reached your limit of mule deer in region 8...if you had shot a doe then you could not shoot a buck in region 8 because only one mule deer is permitted to be shot in region 8

Region 8 has been like that for years. Only one mule deer. Either a buck or an LEH doe, but not both. One only.

Page 17: white box: look at region 8: look at total under mule deer column: pretty clear it says 1

Thanks that's what I figured. Been having several conflicting convos with ppl I know that say yes u can still shoot your doe.... but I read it as ... if u shoot ur 1 mule deer in regions 3-8 regardless of gender ... that your done. If u wana get another mule deer has to be region 2 after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurusguy View Post
    Thanks that's what I figured. Been having several conflicting convos with ppl I know that say yes u can still shoot your doe.... but I read it as ... if u shoot ur 1 mule deer in regions 3-8 regardless of gender ... that your done. If u wana get another mule deer has to be region 2 after that.
    If u shoot a buck in region 8 u cant shoot a leh doe in region 8. You can shoot a buck in region 3 and then shoot your region 8 leh. Remember you cant go over seasonal, regional or provincial bag limits.

So if u shot your buck in region 3 any bick season u just reached your seasonal and regional bag limit for mule deer but u havent hit your provincial bag limit on mule deer. So you are free to shoot an l e h antlerless doe in another region as long as it's not in Region 3

Quote Originally Posted by dbergen69 View Post
    No. Only 1 mule deer buck for region 3,4,5,6,7,8. Read page 17 of the regs. It seems pretty clear to me. Pm me if you want to discuss more or call the COs office.
    My mistake only 1 mule deer from region 8 period.