Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chilliwack Lake Road mules?

Chilliwack Lake Road mules?

First post on here so please forgive my ignorance. My family has a cabin at Chilliwack lake, and a buddy and I are heading up there this weekend to try and get a mule (3rd time out this year, first time in Chilliwack). Are there any spots along the Chilliwack lake road anyone has had success on before? Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Chilliwack Lake Road mules?

Blacktail deers up Chilly Wack River the Vedder crossing.
    ------> Drive up the road and look for a nice spot or three. Might get lucky if you have an opportunity.
    Jel -- Chilly Wack area and up to the Lake itself -- Tamihi and lots to get into -- other members can help too --

Up the very end. Park. Walk 6km NW and you'll come to a clearing. It's a fabled clearing where all the big bruiser 4+pts court and breed all the does in a congo line of sweaty stinky buck fever.

Right by the old youth detention place is a beauty road
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Chilliwack Lake road is a crappy road to go hunting period. Remember you have to be 800m off the main road to shoot. There are lots of people around so your gonna have to park and go for a LONG walk off the beaten path but take a compass or better yet a GPS. Your best bet is take the road to the very end and get onto the backside of the lake and try one of those spur roads. You probably won't see much for animals but you'll see lots of cool old logging equipment that's been left behind decades ago. honestly buddy Chilliwack road area is more suited for camping and dirtbike get type stuff. If you want a deer head out to Princeton area or just past like Saturday summit road etc. Better chances than wack road man!!

I was never a fan of chilliwack area for hunting but I know guys who take bucks and some nice ones out of there every year. Majority of hunters fail in Chilliwack and with BT deer overall

When it comes to deer hunting in the lower mainland it’s tight lipped for the most part. You really need to put in your dues and figure it out and expect to fall for sometime before you figure it out

For the most part the hunting is tough with all the traffic. Get into the thick of it. Shot a buck up there last year, but a limited amount of sign can be discouraging. Dusk and dawn. Wait until last legal minutes.

cant hunt the road gotta burn boot rubber they are there just gotta hike a while

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Up the very end. Park. Walk 6km NW and you'll come to a clearing. It's a fabled clearing where all the big bruiser 4+pts court and breed all the does in a congo line of sweaty stinky buck fever.
    Sounds more like Ross than chwk... 6 km nw of the end of the park would put you on a slope below the ice fields.

I have the whole weekend next weekend and I won’t be spending any of it up chwk river valley. I have been hunting hard the last months and it has been very slow. Last year I couldn’t do anything wrong but this year I have only seen a few does. There is a nice set of cuts at the end of the lake though, but I have yet to observe life in them. Also there is a no shooting boundary on the main road all the way up to the park. I thought it was 400m but 800 could be right. The park itself is huntable though. The best sign I saw was way up depot creek off the road.

good luck!

Chilliwack is tough deer hunting, better suited for bears. The best intel you’ll find is hiking and learning a limited area well, then slowly expand that area. Consider bow only spots as well... just sayin.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.