Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pack board

Re: Pack board

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Guide View Post
    Taymor is cheap and tough! My Taymor is over 20 years old and was my only pack through 7 years of moose guiding, it took me only one pack load to shred my bosses cabellas outfitter pack but my Taymor is still going!!
    Hmmm strange..did you put meat in the bag..or did you use the shelf unfolded and lashed on..as I have.
    The unit was such a good one it was tge one reached for to pack bear out for a Wild TV episode..
    That pack Is headed to Alberta for deer on Wed.
    Lifetime warranty.Cabelas ?
    Steven

SlumberJack pack from Valhalla Pure. Has meat shelf and weighs around 5#. Great pack for strapping quarters or boned out meat. Lots of straps to hold the meat in place. Very comfortable and cost is reasonable at $240
    Live to Hunt...

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm
    Tatonka frame.is another option
    Steven
    Pretty hard to beat the Cabelas guide model for price and function. I actually now use a Tatonka Latenkraxe bag with it. It's the perfect combo for me.

My partner and I have used these frames for a long time now. We've packed goats, elk, mule, WT and BT deer, and bear with them to date. Not just short meat hauls either, up to 12 km each way on our goat hunts.
    I've done 7 backpack hunts with mine and more day hunts then I can count. It can handle more weight then I can carry and does so in relative comfort. Pretty easy to adjust and shift weight while under load which for me allows me to pack allot of weight a long way. I remove the top cross bar and hang my rifle off the frame. Lets me use my hiking poles without worrying about my rifle slipping off my shoulder when negotiating steep terrain, but keeps the rifle accessible. I bought a second last year when they were on sale for $100. I didn't need it but it was a steal of a price for a product I've used a considerable amount. I'm not easily impressed by most products these days as there is allot of crap out there, especially in the lower end of any products market range. But I don't have another item of hunting gear that I have used so much, paid so little for and been 100% impressed with the performance.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 11-12-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Im too lazy to check..but im fairly certain this pack weighs 11#..certainly robust.other than blood stains that wont wash out completely..it is in pretty good shape for 10 years? Old
    Complete moose quarters..
    Largest combined , load..110 #...headed out after successful stone sheep hunt.gear, head..cape..horns..even surgived many crashes to the ground every time I had to stop and rest..heavy loads..heavy falls..
    Steven

Own the Alpz Commander Frame/Bag combo. Going on year 4 with many heavy loads, no issues and one of the more comfortable frame packs I've carried meat with (if you can call carrying a moose quarter comfortable, lol)
    Good Old Outdoors "I was so puckered up down betweenst my butt cheeks I could have made a world class diamond that Beyonce herself couldn't even handle."

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Pretty hard to beat the Cabelas guide model for price and function. I actually now use a Tatonka Latenkraxe bag with it. It's the perfect combo for me.

My partner and I have used these frames for a long time now. We've packed goats, elk, mule, WT and BT deer, and bear with them to date. Not just short meat hauls either, up to 12 km each way on our goat hunts.
    I've done 7 backpack hunts with mine and more day hunts then I can count. It can handle more weight then I can carry and does so in relative comfort. Pretty easy to adjust and shift weight while under load which for me allows me to pack allot of weight a long way. I remove the top cross bar and hang my rifle off the frame. Lets me use my hiking poles without worrying about my rifle slipping off my shoulder when negotiating steep terrain, but keeps the rifle accessible. I bought a second last year when they were on sale for $100. I didn't need it but it was a steal of a price for a product I've used a considerable amount. I'm not easily impressed by most products these days as there is allot of crap out there, especially in the lower end of any products market range. But I don't have another item of hunting gear that I have used so much, paid so little for and been 100% impressed with the performance.
    Thanks Ron great tip on customized for rifle hanger.
    Steven