Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pack board

Pack board

What is a good pack board for hauling out game, one that wont break the bank?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pack board

Trapper Nelson I have one you can have!!!

Sorry, had to do it. Lots of frames out there that are reasonable priced - got aluminum framed one from Wholesale / Cabelas and it works well for what i need and it was around $150. (Can't remember name)
    All depends what you need it for.

Hmmm Cabelas guide model
    Tatonka frame.is another option
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post

Sorry, had to do it. Lots of frames out there that are reasonable priced - got aluminum framed one from Wholesale / Cabelas and it works well for what i need and it was around $150. (Can't remember name)
    LOL Trapper Nelson ! I have one as well . I bet those old Trapper Nelson's hauled a lot of game out for hunters back in the "old days "
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post

If you looking to get rid or sell that Trapper Nelson please let me know
    Thanks
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Alps Commander pack. Have yet to use it to pack out an animal but I've packed all my camping gear in it. Paid 185$ on Amazon for it. Would definitely recommend. It has a detachable bag and a shelf so you can use it strictly for meat hauling

Taymor is cheap and tough! My Taymor is over 20 years old and was my only pack through 7 years of moose guiding, it took me only one pack load to shred my bosses cabellas outfitter pack but my Taymor is still going!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    LOL Trapper Nelson ! I have one as well . I bet those old Trapper Nelson's hauled a lot of game out for hunters back in the "old days "
    Arctic Lake
    Have a couple also . . . No. 3 (misery board).
    Have a nice No. 2 . . . .complete with bag.
    Have found that a board that doesn't break the bank, often breaks your back.

As Moose Guide says . . . Taymor.
    I've hauled out quite a bit of game with mine.

I donated my Trapper Nelson this Year to the WSS ! RJ

Camp Trails or any other decent modern pack with a cargo shelf and hip belt.

Trapper Nelson will break your back. Six months lugging my entire life in one across Africa when I was 18 taught me that. Thank goodness I was young and tough and 18 (but dumb).