Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legal Doe in Estrus Whitetail Attractant

Legal Doe in Estrus Whitetail Attractant

Been a busy fall for me but I've booked a few days off in a couple weeks for my one and only hunt this season, interior whitetail, hopefully peak rut.

I notice the regulation change this year banning attractants containing any deer derivatives sourced outside of BC. Does any one know of a doe in estrus attractant made in BC by some wild chance, or a good artificial alternative?

I used to put it out either side of me occasionally when I was sitting and calling and it seemed to work. Appreciate the help...

Also for reference it is page 15 of the regs:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regs.jpg 
Views:	632 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	7190  

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Legal Doe in Estrus Whitetail Attractant

I think most are artificial. Is the one you were using natural? This is a new reg to me, thanks for pointing that out, interesting. I bet not many would know of this one.

Yes the one I was using was sourced from the US, apparently from a deer farm of some sort so it is no longer valid.... I took a quick look on Cabela's and couldn't find an artificial one either... maybe I just missed it.

Canada Tire has Tink's, a buddy of mine is having good results with it in front of his trail cam.

Thanks, I'll check it out

Tink’s synthetic blend is okay for use, the natural scents are no longer allowed as fear of CWD spreading into BC would be horrific

Quote Originally Posted by ramshorn View Post
    Tink’s synthetic blend is okay for use, the natural scents are no longer allowed as fear of CWD spreading into BC would be horrific
    I'd all but guarantee CWD already exists in BC. To be honest, BC has unfortunately taken a pretty relaxed approach to it from everything that I've seen.

Best thing is to use what is already there. Find a spot where a doe has pissed in the snow and then kneel down and rub the bottom of your pant legs in it.

That's a new one for me Dana... I know a guy who used to cut the scent glands off his muley buck if he tipped one over late November and tie them to his hunting boots for whitetail.

I was thinking of dropping the attractant on a fresh scrape line and making a path past my sitting spot with drops of the stuff. But if you get enough on your pant leg I guess it would make a trial on its own...thanks!

Code Blue synthetic. I got some at Can Tire a few years ago. When blind hunting, I tape a panty liner to the bottom of a walking stick, put some attractant on the liner and let it trail behind me when walking to the blind or stand. First time I did that I had a nice 5x5 WT follow my trail to within 18 feet of the blind.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""