Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So I booked for New Zealand in March

Re: So I booked for New Zealand in March

Yep, my son does not share my opinion either. He thinks every bull Tahr we get should be mounted.

I'd be just as pleased with an enlarged photo.

However I do like the look of a chamois. My friend Hans got one in Austria and it's great.
    Last edited by butcher; 11-14-2018 at 07:11 PM.

Still one of my favourite mounts.

paradise ducks are beautiful birds and make great mounts, but due to CITES you do need to go through all the paper work and I did that through a taxidermist and paid for a broker at canadian border

ton of rabbits over there, it's a lot of fun doing the long range sniping thing, but not sure how hard it would be for non resident to access pasture, might be best done through an outfitter....or spot light night hunt from a truck was maybe the most fun i've ever had with a gun, highly recommend that
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    Still one of my favourite mounts.

They're both beautiful! Looks like you had a really fun hunt!
    I was over there last July and got a very nice tahr, didn't try for chamois though.
    https://biggamehuntingadventures.com...aland-hunting/

Could you not drop the trophy off at a taxidermist and he can then forward them to you at home for a nominal fee? This is a future planned hunt for me as well. I will be waiting for any updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan1973 View Post
    Could you not drop the trophy off at a taxidermist and he can then forward them to you at home for a nominal fee? This is a future planned hunt for me as well. I will be waiting for any updates.
    "nominal" fee sadly doesn't exist with international hunting and taxidermy, shipping (my hunt ended up costing a lot more than planned, but I don't regret any of it lol )

since I went in 2015 there has been an explosion of content on Youtube, and I wish I knew all this info before my trip...I will definitely be back for tahr and chamois, but mostly for the fishing next time....I went there mostly with visions of fly fishing the entire time, but in the end I had the most fun gear fishing after I connected with some locals....I'd look into fishing the canals for monster rainbows
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

I plan on having a taxidermist do the work and take care of shipping. Maybe more money but hopefully less headaches.

Fishing charter booked. Two pig hunts booked. Tahr and Chamois fly in hunt booked. Red stag hunt booked. All DOC land all free range. Might have to get a second job to pay it all off when I get back. Don’t care. About to have a month of fun. Winter ends in 8 days, straight to fall.

Best of luck, butcher!

Safe travels
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Sounds like a dream coming true, good on you B
    The month will go by fast
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole