Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gillis/Murray lake

Re: Gillis/Murray lake

Quote Originally Posted by Darris doois View Post
    Nope. We went up a trail for about 1 km. Came up to thier quads. I turned around and so did one quad. 2 guys that were in my rzr said they are going left and that the quad guys went right. Fine i left and said i will be back in three hours to pick up. I drove up to where the squads were and no sign of anyone so again i left. Came back in an hour and quad guys where loading up at the trail head. The 2 from my camp were walking down the trail and said they had crossed paths with them. Should the 2 from my camp turnd and left , probably. Do you fall a tree across the rd. Not in my books. What if the old guy was injured and had to get out. Ive never seen as many people in that erea as there was this weekend.
    Lol sorry but this answers their discomfort, you dropped off two hunters to go around their bikes? I guess we better upgrade our CORE program which might educate hunters. As for trapping anyone in it is a thru road which has several access points if I'm familiar with the area

Trouble is it's the best spot for hunting semi-open mule and whitetail plus black bears and many grouse plus coyotes -- close to Chilliwack and the Valley.
    -- grouse by the dozens and deer country like in a Outdoor Top Notch Hunting Magazine every way you turn --
    BC has some awesome country for wild life close to major towns and cities -- 3 hour drive outta Vancouver and your in Murray Lake with the deer.
    Jel -- Murray and Gillis -- top notch habitat for big deer and bear and grouse -- It's a place hunters dream about and can actually come true --

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    No situation on earth constitutes falling a tree across a FSR, anybody that thinks otherwise and tries to defend such actions regardless of the situation needs their phuking head examined!!! K
    Blocking a road is ridiculous. I headed up the Coq yesterday around 11:00 headed east to where we are whitetail hunting this week, and the sheer number of trucks with quads and SxSs coming down was crazy. People need to figure out how to share areas. Judging by the numbers we saw, you’re going to see other people no matter where you go, especially on a long weekend at the start of the rut.

I’m glad I worked through the weekend so I could come out mid week. There’s not another person around, and that’s how it should be.