Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blacktail rut is finally on...

Re: Blacktail rut is finally on...

Jesus Christ what a weekend! Two does, a bit of fresh rub and 100 dozen friggin motor bikes and quads. God damnit it was busy out there... Two FULL days in the region 2 bush and back to work in the morning. There was one heck of a sunset this evening though.

Last week I purchased 5 trail cameras 4 were on a super sale at Canadian Tire I was out yesterday checking them and relocating a couple not one deer picture.

I found a dirt bike trail just below an area/deer trail I had shot a buck off of appr 5 years ago thought I'll just head down to it.

All of a sudden I heard dirt bikes so I slipped off the trail and sat down behind a rotten ole stump and watched the show at least 18 dirt bikes went past me in about 10 minutes.

I haven't been seeing deer for a week now I know why they are hiding in the dirtiest thickest crap to avoid the onslaught from these guys....
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

I went behind some locked gates this weekend where I have had 100% animal sightings and didn’t see one thing. The weather was too nice for blacktail hunting this weekend. I’ve had the best success on cloudy and absolutely miserable days.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Agreed...

I shot the buck I posted in this thread on the first day it snowed in my spot this year it then switched to rain.

Its now cleared up and I haven't seen anything since.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Yes, it is starting to get interesting. Called a 2x2 in to 50yds in a spot with lots of rubs. Had a camera in that area last season and knew bucks were in there. Thick stuff, crunchy, noisy terrain, hard to hunt, so gotta wait for them to show. Shot him at 40yds. It's been a different kinda season with warm dry weather and no snow.