Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Entry level Hunting Rifle Recommendation below 1K

Re: Entry level Hunting Rifle Recommendation below 1K

I see a BNIB Tikka T3 SS for sale on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Hmmmmm That's why I’m watching the 7mm08 thread . I like the idea of a Tikka stainless T3 but don’t they have a lot of plastic pieces .? Then there’s all those other manufacturers . I read reviews on the rifles but it gets exhausting guys say Remington’s are not what the used to be ,or so and so is not what they used to be ,geeeeez . I know I had a Winchester bolt action in 30.06 that I bought new in hmmmm in the early 80s had nothing but problems with it Now they say the Model 70 is great like the pre 64 if I have my facts right . Just thoughts . Arctic Lake
    I would appreciate it if more experienced members could comment on my post Not trying to derail this thread ! Thanks. Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Redo View Post
    I have been looking for something similar. I currently shoot a Vangard in 7mm rem mag. Love it but as I am deer hunting 95% of the time, looking for a smaller caliber. Research into entry level guns keeps me coming back to the Mossberg Patriot. Hard to find a negative review out there. They offer a Cerakoat Synthetic model that is on sale at Cabelas right now for $399. They also have a Marinecoat Laminate model which is a little pricier, but a great looking rifle.

Also like the look and reviews of the Savage 16 Stainless lightweight hunter. It can often be had for around $650 on sale.

If I end up spending a little more, I am quite interested in a stainless Vangard (Special edition looks awesome) or a stainless Tikka.
    If you find a 16 ss lwh for $650can buy it, or let me know I'll buy three more at that price! I picked one up last spring out of Ontario for $1050 on sale. 7-08, real beauty to pack and shoot, sure is growing on me. Stock is shit but a bit of dremelling, fibreglassing and bedding it worked out well. That rifle in the 11 lwh walnut stock would be a nice set up, pretty nice piece of furniture it is...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Savage 11 trophy hunter in 7-08..

Talk to Mark at Omenica (Toddbartell)
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Buy a used rem 700 of some sort. Can’t go wrong. Better than any budget junk you will find new.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

I saw a Remington Mountain laminated stainless model in .270 win today on Gun Nutz for $800. Should be a decent rifle in a great caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Yup there it is. Done.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Looking for a first time rifle that will take deer or bear? 308 Win or 30.06 Springfield. Given their history as reliable calibers that have put meat on the table year after year, it's not rocket science.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    If you find a 16 ss lwh for $650can buy it, or let me know I'll buy three more at that price! I picked one up last spring out of Ontario for $1050 on sale. 7-08, real beauty to pack and shoot, sure is growing on me. Stock is shit but a bit of dremelling, fibreglassing and bedding it worked out well. That rifle in the 11 lwh walnut stock would be a nice set up, pretty nice piece of furniture it is...
    Savage 16 LWH in 6.5 Creedmoor $749. Have seen in on sale twice recently for $649

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/11342...t-action-rifle