Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do we need to legally leave the hide on all peices of meat in B.C.?

Re: Do we need to legally leave the hide on all peices of meat in B.C.?

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Triggerhappy. You might want to look a bit closer at the requirements. The regs can say what they do. Until they are tested in court, your day is a function of how a CO interprets those regs.

Over the Thanksgiving weekend the Cache Creek game check checked 1400 vehicles, and issued 53 tickets. Of those 53 issued, around 40 were for transportation of wildlife that did not comply with the regulation.

A few years ago, a close friend in my camp took a bull elk, in an any elk season (BOS). We had a cooler on site and the four quarters were hanging inside and the head, just outside the door. The young fellow took a warning ticket for not leaving the head with the quarters.
    Hunters who know the law need to stand firm and argue their cases so that these BS warning tickets are left in the CO's ticket books.

I was one of those 1400 stopped in cache creek and having 2 moose on board got us the full attention of most of the CO's on site, we had 1 butchered,wrapped and frozen with paperwork
    and mine was 4 quarters & 2 rib racks stacked in game bags, left the required patch of hair on only 1 quarter (as per regs). And there was no question among all the CO's that was perfectly sufficient

now with that said a great tip I would offer others is MAKE SURE! You leave said patch of hair is easily accessible and you don't end up like we did ripping bags and digging through heavy quarters desperately trying to find it while the CO gets excited ready to pour some ink haha

Quote Originally Posted by Hillerbillyvan View Post
    I was one of those 1400 stopped in cache creek and having 2 moose on board got us the full attention of most of the CO's on site, we had 1 butchered,wrapped and frozen with paperwork
    and mine was 4 quarters & 2 rib racks stacked in game bags, left the required patch of hair on only 1 quarter (as per regs). And there was no question among all the CO's that was perfectly sufficient

now with that said a great tip I would offer others is MAKE SURE! You leave said patch of hair is easily accessible and you don't end up like we did ripping bags and digging through heavy quarters desperately trying to find it while the CO gets excited ready to pour some ink haha
    Nice to hear the patch of hair requirement hasn't changed since sept when we trucked a couple moose home, and as long as I can remember. Oh wait, patch of hair on only one 1/4?
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy View Post
    This is not true. You should read the regs because this is way off from what you are required to do.
    The advice I gave goes above and beyond the requirements of the regs.....wheres the issue?? It's not like I gave advice that was illegal!! I though the regs stated that you had to leave hide on all quarters.

Not one Co will give you shit if you have hide on 4 quarters and evidence of sex on one or both hind quarters

For antlered animals, I don't understand why the portion of the head with antlers attached, or that would contain the antlers if female, is not sufficient for evidence of sex?? We hunt antlered or anterless not balls or no balls. We tag em that way too. And every year we see posts of a few antlered animals that were harvested that turn out to be females ... so what then? Illegal? Of course not. I get that rules are rules but it just seems silly when it actually makes no difference to legality whatsoever. I dunno maybe I'm missing something ...

It's crazy I agree butt the head on a quarter or the head on the whole body?
    Jellious -- the C.O. is the boss so don't play stoopid --- talk normal and at a low voice tone --> answer questions asked and then stop talking Hahahahaha
    --------------------------- > a piece of fur ain't that hard to leave on --------------------------------> Leave the head on with a piece of fur -- > Brooks and Done!

Pretty sure its already been answered but what the hell, i will chime in. Check the regs, all the info you need is in there.
    Firearms and fishing rods, my idea of a good time!

murph the surf -- Whoa your avatar is too cool for this site ok? ----> who did you get that off of? thee rack n skull is too cool!

The an swers are in the regs butt the regs are boring and HBC is too hot ok --- > now carry on Hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    murph the surf -- Whoa your avatar is too cool for this site ok? ----> who did you get that off of? thee rack n skull is too cool!
    What skull? That’s clearly a butterfly hovering between the antlers!

It's too cool for HBC right now maybe a year from now or so butt eh -- you mustah stole it from some body in the States or whaaaaaaaa?

Jello Marsh Mello -- a Skull and a huge muley rack attack! -- Please change avatar for now!