Thread: last hour of Okanagan Mulie 2018

last hour of Okanagan Mulie 2018

My daughter and I put a stalk on a nice 4pt Mulie this afternoon and didn't see him again. I saw a couple of the does he was chasin , but he didn't show. When we first saw him he was near 500 yards out. My rangefinder said the doe he was courting was around 450. He stood and gave us the eye , broadside and beautiful , for several minutes . Hope he fathers a bunch of fawns this season.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: last hour of Okanagan Mulie 2018

Nice to get a look at him in the flesh at least. All
    I got is trail cam pic and pics of his track of my buck to show for a week straight chasing him. Sure wish I coulda hunted the last three days
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Nice! I hope to take my daughter out once I'm a little more experienced, she's 5 and can't wait to go out huntjng with her Papa, she's really good at spotting deer when we drive. Any advice on a good age for her to start?

Cheers!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by joshbazz View Post
    Nice! I hope to take my daughter out once I'm a little more experienced, she's 5 and can't wait to go out huntjng with her Papa, she's really good at spotting deer when we drive. Any advice on a good age for her to start?

Cheers!
    You will get lots of suggestions, but you will be the best judge as to when she is ready to go hunting with you. For me, my son was around 7 when he first shot the .22, and close to 10 for his first hunting trip. My daughter to this point has no real interest in hunting, or shooting, she has done both..but My Little Pony, Justin Beiber, and nail polish have held her interest thus far.
    Firearms and fishing rods, my idea of a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by joshbazz View Post

Cheers!
    Start taking her out now! I've taken my 3 year old out with me and she loves it. I have no expectations as its more of an outing then a hunt, with lots of snacks for her. A couple of grouse too.

^^^^i agree....I started taking my little guy out last year at 4, we shot a grouse this year together and he was pumped..