Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do we need to legally leave the hide on all peices of meat in B.C.?

Re: Do we need to legally leave the hide on all peices of meat in B.C.?

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    I usually leave a ring of fur around the ankle area of each quarter
    This is what I have found is the easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Pretty sure the regs say unskinned tail only for deer ... as far as hide goes.

And the patch of fur that needs to be left is for moose/elk only, I believe.

And from what I understand and from what I see from pics of others doing .... you only need to leave it on one of the pieces.
    You definitely have to have proof of sex on one of the hind quarters if you're not packing the head out. If it's 4 point only season then you need to have the head or portion there of with the antlers.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Yes, you need to leave an 8cm( I could be wrong on the size ) patch of hair on each quarter.
    This is not true. You should read the regs because this is way off from what you are required to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    I usually leave a ring of fur around the ankle area of each quarter
    This is unnecessary and legally is not sufficient for proving species.

trigger's makin me happy folks, sounds like clarification across this nation. Trigger sounds confident hunters about this subject!

Jelly Happy ----> anyone have these regs avail a bubble?

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy View Post
    it might be unnecessary but it's easy and it is readily identifiable as moose or elk or deer hide.

If it's a deer you need to also keep the tail on, and almost all species require evidence of sex now, too.

(1)For caribou, elk or moose, theanimal’s tail or another readilyidentifiable part of the hide not lessthan 6 cm2, ANDi) If the animal is male, a testicleor part of the penis,(ii)If the animal is female, aportion of the udder or teats.
    (2) For deer, the unskinned tail, ANDi) If the animal is male, a testicle orpart of the penis,(ii) If the animal is female, a portionof the udder and teats.
    (3)For bison, mountain goat or mountainsheepi) If the animal is male, a testicleor part of the penis.(ii)If the animal is female, aportion of the udder or teats
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Triggerhappy. You might want to look a bit closer at the requirements. The regs can say what they do. Until they are tested in court, your day is a function of how a CO interprets those regs.

Over the Thanksgiving weekend the Cache Creek game check checked 1400 vehicles, and issued 53 tickets. Of those 53 issued, around 40 were for transportation of wildlife that did not comply with the regulation.

A few years ago, a close friend in my camp took a bull elk, in an any elk season (BOS). We had a cooler on site and the four quarters were hanging inside and the head, just outside the door. The young fellow took a warning ticket for not leaving the head with the quarters.

Thats funny, worked for us for over 30 years, along with proof of sex and/or headgear...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

This is not true. You should read the regs because this is way off from what you are required to do.
    Look in the mirror HA
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Triggerhappy. You might want to look a bit closer at the requirements. The regs can say what they do. Until they are tested in court, your day is a function of how a CO interprets those regs.

Over the Thanksgiving weekend the Cache Creek game check checked 1400 vehicles, and issued 53 tickets. Of those 53 issued, around 40 were for transportation of wildlife that did not comply with the regulation.

A few years ago, a close friend in my camp took a bull elk, in an any elk season (BOS). We had a cooler on site and the four quarters were hanging inside and the head, just outside the door. The young fellow took a warning ticket for not leaving the head with the quarters.
    He must have run into the same idiot CO we did one time, no sense, bonehead power hungry dufus.