Thread: Region 3 Whitetail

Region 3 Whitetail

Going out for one last chance at a whitetail. Got this weekend and next to scout some areas in region 3 and hopefully make it happen! Was hoping to get pointed in the right direction (mainly away from private land) for fsr around Merritt or off of hwy 5a. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 3 Whitetail

Logan lake. All the fields around town.

Logan lake appears to be directly beside the highway... Can you even shoot there?

Sent you a PM.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Quote Originally Posted by local.604 View Post
    Going out for one last chance at a whitetail. Got this weekend and next to scout some areas in region 3 and hopefully make it happen! Was hoping to get pointed in the right direction (mainly away from private land) for fsr around Merritt or off of hwy 5a. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
    I spent 2 different 9 day stretches (Last week of Oct/First week Nov and the week surrounding Rememberance Day) in the area of 5a, only to find out 4 point Mule Deer are very nocturnal and white tails should probably pay rent or property tax with all the time they spend on private. Saw a couple WT does on the highway. Pretty frustrating to say the least. I’m setting aside the last two weekends of season to get back at it but mostly out of pure stubbornness rather than optimism about something other than bear and grouse in the freezer. If anyone has any spare legal bucks laying around, taking up space, let me know I offer a free removal service.
    Last edited by Throwaway; 11-22-2018 at 09:23 PM.