Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I just put diesel in my tank for the last time...

Re: I just put diesel in my tank for the last time...

Quote Originally Posted by Browningmirage View Post
    how much will the veggie oil run you???

Saw a show on a car running on veggie oil...it was pretty innefficient, how does yours run?

seems to me like a good idea, but if everyone went and did it, they would start to charge you for your veggie oil

The veggie oil is FREE. It is a waste by product of deep fryers. Oil used in deep fryers gradually degrades to the point that you shoudln't cook in it- But it still has value as a fuel.

Restrauants pay reduction companies to cart away thier used oil. I take it away for free. (Although since I am in charge of 2 restaurant kitchens, it's even easier for me.)

But I think an individual woudl have NO trouble making arrangements wiht a few local eaterys, especially in this "green" age we live in. Actually, restaurants that view it as a PR move could capitalize on it

Efficient? Probably uses a bit more veggie oil than diesel to go the same distance, it was like that with my Ford, anyway. But not double or anything. My bank account thinks it's VERY efficient, though..

Sure, if everyone did it, some restaurants would view it as a money making opportunity. I don't see that happening anytime soon, because most people don't drive diesels, are too cheap to outlay the initial investment, too lazy to do the installation and too lazy to go pick up thier own oil.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

WoodOx Guest

Im gunna put a system like this in a new truck I buy next year.

Did you follow details from some other site gatehouse?

Plz pm me anymore info

Here is where I got my parts and instructions from. They are tremendously helpful, excelelnt service.

http://www.plantdrive.com/

Keep in mind it will void the warranty of a brand new truck....
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post

Keep in mind it will void the warranty of a brand new truck....
    Yes but think of all the Bears that will follow the scent trail home......

Pretty Cool !

You should put a big yellow M on your tail gate . And dye your hair red.

Hope this isnt your new truck there Clarke.

My body might be in Red Deer but my heart and soul are still on the Island

Do you still have the option of running only diesel if you want??
    "you can have your rifle on the dashboard and ammo clenched between your teeth and that's legal."-Gatehouse

Yes, the truck has 2 tanks. You start and finish on deisel.

you live in pemberton?....have you been experiencing gelling and thickning from the cold, i realize you have heat exchangers, and you finish on diesel to purge the veggie out of the pump and lines. we have a couple customers on bio, and the winter isnt good for it, lots of fat deposits (actual chunks of fat) filters are solidified. mind you they don't have heaters. but as the day warms up, and the over flow back to the tank is warm they start to disolve. your winters are a little different then our Richmond, Vancouver winter, just wondering how the mornings, and nights are.

steve

Quote Originally Posted by Forthright View Post
    you live in pemberton?....have you been experiencing gelling and thickning from the cold, i realize you have heat exchangers, and you finish on diesel to purge the veggie out of the pump and lines. we have a couple customers on bio, and the winter isnt good for it, lots of fat deposits (actual chunks of fat) filters are solidified. mind you they don't have heaters. but as the day warms up, and the over flow back to the tank is warm they start to disolve. your winters are a little different then our Richmond, Vancouver winter, just wondering how the mornings, and nights are.

steve
    Keep in mind that I am using straight waste veg oil, and NOT bio deisel. The oil is taken out of the deep fryers, then filtered.

We use a non trans fat oil in the deep fryers, for our customers health, but ironically, the other stuff (with trans fat) clogs up fuel systems, just like arteries. So if your customers are using poor quality oil, it will solidify in cold weather easier. The oil I use doesn't harden in cold weather.

When I was running my Ford last year, I only experienced problems during a very cold snap,and my solution was to mix in 15% deisel.

So, for me, mornings, nights are not an issue. Start up on deisel, and let it warm up...Just takes a couple more minutes in cold weather.