Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goat LEH 4-24 C

Post Goat LEH 4-24 C

Hi,

I was lucky enough to get the goat LEH for 4-24c and I am wondering if anyone has any good access points, trails, hiking locations to the alpine in that region. I am currently looking at Flett peak, Franklin peaks and Mt Stuart. Looks like incredible country and any info woulds be helpful, road closures, no atv access, areas to avoid. Planning for early September.

Thanks,
    Ky

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Goat LEH 4-24 C

Congrats! I got a sheep for 4-23B, can't wait. Going to start scouting soon.

Congrats, it’s going to be an epic hunt! Any tips you can offer me?

Unfortunately not. 4-24c is not an area i have been in before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyguy6 View Post
    Congrats, it’s going to be an epic hunt! Any tips you can offer me?
    424C has one of the highest goat populations of any map I've seen. The entire zone was painted red with goat sightings.

That said, I had a look at the harvest statistics and the number of goats taken is actually quite low.

I think what you will likely find is limited access points and the goats avoiding those areas and congregating elsewhere.

But there are definitely A LOT of goats there.

Big country there, part of the Rocky Mountain trench I believe & terrain rises sharply from the valley. Get some hiking in with a loaded pack before the fall haha. Epic for sure, good luck!
    Last edited by mike31154; 07-04-2022 at 01:35 PM.

That’s really good to know! Where do you find statistics information like that?

My main concern is access to the alpine. There is a few tiny trails I have found on Gaia but nothing significant in the entire region.

thanks again!

I will certainly be in alpine shape for this trip. Lots of miles and heavy packs for the next 2 months! It looks very steep. I will be prepared for sure!

Bring a mountain bike to save some walking in the road closures.
    Fenwick or elk creek might be worth checking, you can spot them off
    the main white as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyguy6 View Post
    That’s really good to know! Where do you find statistics information like that?

My main concern is access to the alpine. There is a few tiny trails I have found on Gaia but nothing significant in the entire region.

thanks again!
    I wouldn't worry too much about access... Get yourself in shape and just go... there will be lots of openings, north facing timber and avalanche chutes that will provide access... That said, it wouldn't take much scouting around to find the highest logging roads which will provide the best access. Hunters from prior years will have done the same and you may find the outfitter trails that are out there. Either way you're unlikely to be fighting anyone for that special spot on opening day haha. Lots of goat for sure.. let your eyes do the walking and be patient.

TJ