Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild game Dinners

Re: Wild game Dinners 2018/2019

Man those dishes look wicked!! Another year of tag soup for this guy..... Well done fellas!

Good lord I am HUNGRY now!!!! Great looking dishes all.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

i am amazed/dumbfounded/stupified that I reached the age of 58 and only just learned (and made/ate) venison shanks (aka osso buco)

usually these sinewy bony morsels were thrown in the ground pile

never, ever again

no pictures, just a heads up - if you haven't made them before you are missing out one of the best vension meals........ period, full stop

here is the recipe I used, yet the interweb is full of them

https://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/wi...o-buco-recipe/

I'm still deer-less this year..........yet hoping for a little late season whitetail love

chris

My wild game breakfeast today..hopefully in another 4 years Ill get to indulge in some more fine sockeye sashimi!

https://imgur.com/a/WQqGitvhttps://imgur.com/a/WQqGitv
    Last edited by ElectricDyck; 11-15-2018 at 11:13 AM.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Moose Stir Fry

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Moose Nachos

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Elk, 2 types of mushroom and asparagus, roasted garlic cream sauce pasta
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

My Mentor-Roland- said to me “if you have excellent ingredients, cook them simply but perfectly, then put it on a plate.” There is nothing more perfect than free range organic moose rump steak .....
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Favourite wine accompaniment with game dishes?

Coors light.

Brad

Checking a few of the photos already posted, I'm likely not worthy, but what the hey.... 2 pals & I were fortunate to harvest a moose this year on a shared LEH. Daughter & son in law have done up a roast I gave them, but no photos. I've been working mostly with ground moose meat, saving the better cuts for special occasions.... which have not happened quite yet.

Pasta sauce made with ground moose.

Plated, topped with freshly grated Parm

Not dinner, rather lunch, but wild game is the theme. Reminiscent of my time spent in Germany, the moose liver was put to good use by my daughter making liverwurst. Et voila, a truly international lunch enjoyed today. Local Black Forest rye bread, lightly toasted, spread with
    Pfälzer Leberwurst, a good helping of Dijon moutarde accompanied by Florida OJ. Should have topped with parsley from my garden, but thought about it too late.

Another pack of ground moose is defrosted for BBQ Bullwinkle Burgers this evening.