Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta bound

Re: Alberta bound

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Might as well give up on the visa bill now lol
    Lmao..ya..ya pretty safe to say thats probably beyond my control...
    Susan deserves a break from small town BC..and 800 stores under 1 roof
    I would think this will be the one primo chance at a mule deer big enough for the wall..
    Will do my best..will wear the Swaro binos and spotter down to the coatings.
    Cant express my thanks to Phil, his lovely wife Roxanna..their son and the province of Alberta..and the rancher who opened his summer home and entire ranch to a stranger.
    And the local who has some suggestions on mule deer. .whitetails..BIG BIG PIGS.
    steven

Hey Steven, good luck! It should be a blast.

I’m off for 10 days starting right now. I’ll be hunting about 700k’s directly north of you. Late season bull moose, antlered Muley, antlered Whitetail and 2 supplemental antlerless Whitetail tags... I should be able to find something for the freezer.

Springer will put you on a cranker for sure. Here’s my 2016 Muley from just south of where you are going. I’d set something like this as a minimum...

Last edited by fuzzybiscuit; 11-06-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Thats wonderful..lol how the hell am I supposed to sleep after looking at that cranker..
    Congrads on 2016..and good luck up north.
    Cheers and thanks for the encouragement.
    Steven

Good luck Steven, hope to see pics of your success....great buck there Fuzzy....

Good luck buddy and give me a text when your up there or maybe when you get home. I will send manny out that way if you get hungry lol. Shoot straight pal

Quote Originally Posted by bc_buckshot View Post
    Good luck buddy and give me a text when your up there or maybe when you get home. I will send manny out that way if you get hungry lol. Shoot straight pal
    Still not asleep Fuzzy..damn fine deer.
    Hi Chris was chatting with Manny today reguarding his relative with the same last name on front page of Province newspaper making baseball bats..
    As per getting hungry..nope not with the list of meals Susan is preparing and the size of the cooler....thanks to you I have learned to text..and seems fitting I send you a text or 2 from deer camp .
    As you guys did amazing without my need to shoot anything..it will hopefully be nice to see if my rifle still knows how to go bang in the field .
    Actually interested IF a marriage can survive 10 hour days in a ground blind. .I brought DUCK tape to encourage the bride to sit.. just cant see Susan sitting all day.
    Cheers
    Steven

Are you planning on doing any spot & stalk for MD or sticking to blind only?

Good luck!

Headed out next week to find one for my wife. Should be fun! A ton of hiking in the hills and some pretty nice looking weather coming up at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Good luck!

Headed out next week to find one for my wife. Should be fun! A ton of hiking in the hills and some pretty nice looking weather coming up at least.
    Back to the same general area you put me on to back in ‘16? I still owe you one...

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    Back to the same general area you put me on to back in ‘16? I still owe you one...
    Headed to where I killed mine back in 2012 and Dad killed his 200" from a few years ago. A bit more central than where you hunted, but next year considering going back to that country when I draw again. I love the rolling prairies and rutting mulies, pretty amazing stuff!