Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta bound

Alberta bound

Hmmmmm so my wife and I are headed to Alberta for a hunt.it is a mule deer hunt during the rut.we also have a general open season tag for whitetail bucks.there doesnt seem to be any extra doe tags this year.
    We head over in 15th..back for Dec 1.with couple day stop in Edmonton to visit Sister and her familly.
    We have the new Ameristep ground blind waterproofed and seam sealed.big buddy heater and a 1 pound propane canister for every day in the ground blind plus a 20# extra for insurance. .lol
    Susan has very good quality winter gear..I have R -20 insulation...
    I have tried for weeks to get reply from Northern Outfitters regarding Idid a dog mens polar clothing..no reply. .
    Going to be a slug of supplies to haul into the hotel..and out while at Edmonton..but dont dare leave anything out in the truck..
    My hunter host Springer has been incredibly kind to us and has booked days off work to be there.
    I REALLY love whitetail deer hunting..ive been blessed to be able to sit for 10 hours no problem.
    It has taken 11 years to establish enough priority to draw this tag.
    I have enough for a moose hunt in Alberta next year
    I am taking a camera in case a 120 buck gets harvested.
    Cheers
    Steven

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Alberta bound

Alberta deer hunting is a blast unfortunately for me work got in the way of my WT hunt

11 years priority to be drawn in the zone your hunting I would assume an awesome zone.

Where you hunting?

Good luck! We've got some good deer out here

Phil and his son came out this summer for some gold panning..next year hope to have Phil out here to fly fish or maybe offshore TUNA run..thats something Alberta cant supply..lol..the draw apparantly is a wonderful one on the border with Saskatewan/Alberta.
    Always the chance we can do a pig hunt while there..we do have a contact. ..hmmmmm
    Steven

We are directly east of Red Deer..right on the border with Saskatchewan..
    Steven

Look after those horseshoes buddy!!

Should be good and you should have lots of opportunities with mature mule deer. Don’t be afraid to knock on doors if you see a nice buck Alberta farmers on average are more open to hunting then BC

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    We are directly east of Red Deer..right on the border with Saskatchewan..
    Steven
    Some good sized mule bucks out that way! One of the biggest whitetail bucks I've ever seen was a few zones down from there (118 ). Enjoy it. Looking forward to photos and a story!

What's the protocol for CWD and bringing it back to BC? I believe that zone is mandatory head submission, yeah?

Hmm mandatory head submission. .of course the antlers will be removed..IF big enough it will get dropped off with my friend Marco Pilon head taxidermist, owner, artist extrorinare at Sugar Creek Taxidermy in Red Deer.
    No spinal column can be brought back to Bc.we also have to bag the meat. .no consumption till sample left confirms it is free from CWD
    My main goal is 200 mule deer..lol
    Then big whitetail. .
    Then 500 pound wild pig
    Then wifes visa bill under $500..lol
    Cheers
    Steven

Might as well give up on the visa bill now lol