Thread: Alberta bound

Re: Alberta bound

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    What's The Word from out East Gentz??

Did SRUPP hammer the Big 122 incher...

Or...

Wondering...
    Nog
    Saw a pic yesterday with him in it but not his deer. Holding out for a 125” I hear.

Rut sure was going strong when we were there last week (especially on the Saturday when it was cold and crisp without wind). Friday we got hammered with snow/wind and it kept the movement down in the morning, but once it cleared and the sun came out, was pretty cool watching all the activity and mulies chasing in the river valleys.

Saw some does being chased by a buck last weekend. Hopefully he's getting some action!

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    Saw a pic yesterday with him in it but not his deer. Holding out for a 125” I hear.
    Hmmm Geoff..Geoff..Geoff..I heard srupp saw 115 deer opening day of his hunt..2..3..mulies over 175..180..all turned down....and a miss on a running mule deer on day 2..180..
    Rumour has it he is still sitting on his ass on a small remote hill..grinning from ear to ear with deer running everywhere..literally..
    Or maybe he just got home and has hit tge shower..then bed after 11 hour trip through hell..snowmagedfon..NO plow trucks.
    Hope Andy gets his aim.....
    Good luck Butcher et all..
    Elmer Fudd Ruppster

Yes we saw a pile of deer and covered some country beating up on the Old Dodge. The weather was good to us and some great memories made..Nathan couldn't contain himself when he saw this young drop tine Muley Buck on day 2 of the Hunt...great character deer for him.

After returning home and out of time to chase more deer at home i filled my tag last night...I am thankful to be able to get out as much as i did and turn down some other deer along the way.

I had my sights on a Big fella since last July but he ended up in the adjacent zone my draw was good for. I will miss chasing him and hopefully see him around next year..

Well done Springer..THANK YOU for everything.truly enjoyable.
    The new lights worked well..
    Will post story of adventure..and WHY Alberta has no..or so few grizzlies..lmao.
    Thanks Brother.
    Steven

Exclamation Re: Alberta bound

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    ... Will post story of adventure..and WHY Alberta has no..or so few grizzlies..lmao.
    Well get on with it Buddy!
    Inquiring minds NEED to KNOW!

Cheers & Welcome Home
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Hmmmm thanks Nog I have been quite ill..even before the trip out to Alberta..sucked it up and gave it my all..
    However THIS IS a hunting site. .a damn fine one at that.so I have been trying to find the words for the finest deer hunt in 40 years of hunting mulies..I will tell it like it happened..
    Once again thank you Phil, Nathan, and Kelvin..our very generous landowner Doug..Bless his heart..Amazing generosity.
    And ESPECIALLY to my first wife Susan..for accompanying me, doing most all the work..making Phils travel trailer home..and even jeopardizing her health by assisting with deer cleaning chores..even though Susan is allergic to deer " dander " hair...
    One of my most favorite hunting memories ever...truly...
    Will start the recollection in short order..
    Thanks Matt, appreciate the encouragement. .
    Cheers
    Steven

Its funny.. my buddy who is an avid hunter is not allergic to ANYTHING except ungulate fur.. has to take 2 claritin before he skins a deer or he starts itching and flowing snot
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main