Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 3-29/ red lake area atv closures???

Re: 3-29/ red lake area atv closures???

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    I feel for some of the old timers...the ban hits them hard...my poor dad he had a lot of enjoyment and success over the years in spite of his heart condition..but what is the saying? “All good things come to an end”
    Doesn't have to end...unless the cord doesn't reach far
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by tipper View Post
    I'm also glad they shut them down and I own a side by side. Haven't seen nearly the amount of people like most years. Actually quiet out there for once.
    I did see one guy with a quad and a rifle on his rack up near buntings farm way up criss creek. Perhaps he was going to find a place to go target shooting...?
    Yea Its NOT Ilegal to carry a firearm on your quad or SxS it just illegal to HUNT ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    You think they are the same peeps, being two faced? I doubt it
    Hmmm, do you think ol' Patty Cake would be happy if there was a ban like this in his little quad hunting area? Hahaha

What I saw on here was a ton of people whinning about roads and whinning about logging. But come hunting season, a ton of people whinning about these very roads being closed. I guess it is the classic Nimby nature. Things like roadclosures are great as long as they don't happen in your backyard.

The Ministry should be respected for making these mu's closed to atv's for hunting purposes. It helps protect area that the Ministry has set aside for mule deer years ago. Wintering area and breeding grounds for mule deer herds well established over hundreds of years by mamma nature --
    Jelly - the Ministry has done the proper thing in these areas of these Mu's like Mu 3-28 for instance, well thought out and executed and now enforced!

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Doesn't have to end...unless the cord doesn't reach far
    The quad gives independence...independence is important.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    The Ministry should be respected for making these mu's closed to atv's for hunting purposes. It helps protect area that the Ministry has set aside for mule deer years ago. Wintering area and breeding grounds for mule deer herds well established over hundreds of years by mamma nature --
    Jelly - the Ministry has done the proper thing in these areas of these Mu's like Mu 3-28 for instance, well thought out and executed and now enforced!
    It s good decision...
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

just might just be the gubberments smartest thing Ive ever seen them do

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Yea Its NOT Ilegal to carry a firearm on your quad or SxS it just illegal to HUNT ! RJ
    Yes I know that. My second home is quad access in 29 and I never go without my trusty .44

Quote Originally Posted by tipper View Post
    yes i know that. My second home is quad access in 29 and i never go without my trusty .44
    kool ! rj

Don't worry rj it's a ranch hand