Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-29/ red lake area atv closures???

Re: 3-29/ red lake area atv closures???

Sorry I should have said that he likes to walk but cant walk much because of an old spine injury..

Ill still convice him to go i think though hopefully lol

No use driving around with atv's in the back when your not going to use them in 3-29 and try to tell the C.O.s you needed the weight ?
    -- even tho your honest they'ed be on it.
    Jello - in 3- 28 and 3 -29 -- make your trip as tight and right as you can from start to finish -- as simple yet filled with delight for the outdoors --

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Melo View Post
    Sorry I should have said that he likes to walk but cant walk much because of an old spine injury..

Ill still convice him to go i think though hopefully lol
    Damn, I’ve been mocking the handicapped! Having broken my back before, I can relate. Walking is some of the best therapy for an injury.

As others have said, a doe tag should be relatively easy to fill!

Quote Originally Posted by Islander30 View Post
    It's all of 3-29 as well as 3-28 and 3-30. You are correct, if you bring an ATV you can not use it for any purpose relating to hunting.
    Like this^^^^

DO NOT SHOW UP WITH QUADS!!
    and one other thing to realize....
    DO NOT DRIVE ANY OF THE FIRE PERIMETER ROADS!! EVEN WITH YOUR TRUCK!

normal roads, use your truck, that's it.
    Don't know which roads are actually fire perimeter roads: then find the map, it will show them.

the closure is a joke, I get it that you shouldn't be driving in a burn, but some of those MU's didn't get burnt. Why would they do such a thing...it makes no sense. Restrict ATV's to roads or trails, or restrict from burnt ground showing signs of burn...something. I would rather beat up my ATV and save $ on gas than drive my expensive truck around
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    the closure is a joke, I get it that you shouldn't be driving in a burn, but some of those MU's didn't get burnt. Why would they do such a thing...it makes no sense. Restrict ATV's to roads or trails, or restrict from burnt ground showing signs of burn...something. I would rather beat up my ATV and save $ on gas than drive my expensive truck around
    Your absolutely right!
    It should have been restricted to the "actual burn site"!
    I don't own or use a quad, my buddies do however.
    Most stick to the roads, but there are areas where atv users have taken big liberties.
    I can see some burnt areas where some folks on quads would just drive right in thru the burns, making there own trails.
    Dirt bike clubs have been responsible for making "a lot of trails" which obviously, atv hunters now use.
    Made some prime hunting areas completely useless now.

And yes, some of those fire perimeters go right into some prime areas as well, which were great areas to hunt on foot.
    I do wish we could come to some kind of resolve with quads/orv's and where and how they can be used.
    I personally would like them be restricted to fsr's only, just like trucks/cars.
    And then designate some trails as atv use as well.
    Otherwise, it's off limits, imo.
    I understand quads are a cheaper way to get around, and I totally get using them to beat up, rather then an 80,000$
    diesel.
    I get it, and yes some of these restrictions in these MU's are stupid.
    But I guess it is easier (what's new) for the ministry just to make an entire mu off limits then make it a detailed map.
    Hate to say it, but because few atv folks never follow the rules (like some areas off limits to them in the kettle), that
    it is just easier to ban them outright in particular mu's.

It was time to trade my Quad in and get something else.....

I’m glad they shut down ATVs, actually was peacefull out there this year, and yes I own quads
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

But I guess it is easier (what's new) for the ministry just to make an entire mu off limits then make it a detailed map.
    Hate to say it, but because few atv folks never follow the rules (like some areas off limits to them in the kettle), that
    it is just easier to ban them outright in particular mu's.
    also easier to enforce....
    and it reduces pressure in the fringe areas of the fires...........
    and and and
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    I’m glad they shut down ATVs, actually was peacefull out there this year, and yes I own quads
    I'm also glad they shut them down and I own a side by side. Haven't seen nearly the amount of people like most years. Actually quiet out there for once.
    I did see one guy with a quad and a rifle on his rack up near buntings farm way up criss creek. Perhaps he was going to find a place to go target shooting...?