Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 3-29/ red lake area atv closures???

Re: 3-29/ red lake area atv closures???

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    I’m glad they shut down ATVs, actually was peacefull out there this year, and yes I own quads
    Lots of guys roaring up and down there roads where I am. Kind of a piss off too when you've walked half a mile down some goat trail only to be overtaken by a guy in a quad who keeps going like you're not even there.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by tipper View Post
    Don't worry rj it's a ranch hand
    Oh Yea I assumed that ! lol RJ

This closure is a total over-reach by COs. Yes, I said COs, they have all kinds of influence with the biologists, they determine these closures in meetings they have together, on an annual basis, usually in the spring. Other GMUs have specific closures, including Lat and Long, just look at some of the quad closures up north, in Region 6 for instance. These fire closures were implemented because someone was too lazy to specify where quads should not be used off-road. I think there should be a determined protest from the BC Wildlife Federation against these closures, they are outrageous.

Also, everyone who is reading this, whether they are pro ATV or against them, should decide (or realize) whether this Government is trying to divide hunters. I think we should be totally against things like the Grizzly Bear hunting ban, regardless of whether you will ever want to or be able to hunt a Grizz, and also, totally against encroaching regs that tend to shut down access to hunters, regardless of whether you yourself use a Quad. This ATV ban is one of them, implemented with the excuse of a fire allowing additional access to quads (which in about 90 - 99% of the area closed is total BS). I know that there are legitimate reasons to restrict some hunting, but we should be united against any further restrictions, wherever!

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Hmmm, do you think ol' Patty Cake would be happy if there was a ban like this in his little quad hunting area? Hahaha

What I saw on here was a ton of people whinning about roads and whinning about logging. But come hunting season, a ton of people whinning about these very roads being closed. I guess it is the classic Nimby nature. Things like roadclosures are great as long as they don't happen in your backyard.
    Where I hunt roads have been deactivated big time, you gotta walk in there now, no more logging because there are no trees to log....the game is really liking it and so am I. I dont have a quad and in 30 years of hunting the said area I have never seen such a rebound in game....less hunters of all kinds, more deactivation wont hurt my feelings, whether its a quad ban or whatever it takes.

I noticed a lot of signs posted "No Motorized Vehicles" on existing roads in 3-30 and 3-29. No deactivation just a simple smallish sign. Not even sure if it was legit, could be those types that camp in the middle of the road putting them up. Did not see a CO in over a week in the bush,but can't say I ever have up there. Mentioned too 2 separate hunting groups from the Island with quads and side by sides about the ORV ban. They did not have a clue until I showed them the Regs. Chance of getting caught seemed pretty slim though.

Only issue I see with this is if there is going to be an atv ban it should not be limited to the use of hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert Retired View Post
    This closure is a total over-reach by COs. Yes, I said COs, they have all kinds of influence with the biologists, they determine these closures in meetings they have together, on an annual basis, usually in the spring. Other GMUs have specific closures, including Lat and Long, just look at some of the quad closures up north, in Region 6 for instance. These fire closures were implemented because someone was too lazy to specify where quads should not be used off-road. I think there should be a determined protest from the BC Wildlife Federation against these closures, they are outrageous.
    The BCWF is not a hunting organization but instead a conservation group. The have been leaning this way more and more all the time.

Deactivation and limiting motor vehicle access in hopes of reclaiming habitat is something that fits into the BCWF habitat agenda if I understand correctly. Personally I can see benefits to this but this closure does not fit under this as it only restricted hunters

Nothing wrong with on trail responsible atv use. The issue is those that are trashing everything that causes the issue and why you will get excessive closures. This abuse comes from rec and hunting atv users that lack respect

You are correct in your other post BC hunters do need to work together but it will involve common sense, co operation among different kinds of hunter, and one solid voice for hunters.

I would prefer they ban ATV use to reduce success rates here, rather than just closing down mule deer hunt in the area.

Are the majority affected those that enjoy ATV'ing and pack a gun in case they see any game?

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    I would prefer they ban ATV use to reduce success rates here, rather than just closing down mule deer hunt in the area.

Are the majority affected those that enjoy ATV'ing and pack a gun in case they see any game?
    ATV use I personally don’t see as a big factor on MD success rates but could be wrong

Odds are even the 1 MD buck limit is not enough to solve buck vs doe ratios falling short in a lot of MUs. Not what BC hunters want to hear but expect more restrictions on MD after this falls short. No I have not heard of any new restrictions coming just a theory

This is not even factoring in overall MD population decline and this is going to take more then hunting regs