Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-29/ red lake area atv closures???

Re: 3-29/ red lake area atv closures???

Can one get a medical exemption to the no quad rule if approved by a doctor? Physically handicapped shouldn't be excluded from partaking in any event!

Hey Jason! 3-29 no need for quads anyway! Lot of great area to park the Chevy and glass, and go for some easy hikes. But it's not like cresent area !!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    the closure is a joke, I get it that you shouldn't be driving in a burn, but some of those MU's didn't get burnt. Why would they do such a thing...it makes no sense. Restrict ATV's to roads or trails, or restrict from burnt ground showing signs of burn...something. I would rather beat up my ATV and save $ on gas than drive my expensive truck around
    The word from the CO's is that its not the burn itself that has instigated the ATV ban, they said its due to the burn area animals have been displaced and dispersed throughout the area's around the burn and there is some concentrated populations throughout the 3 closed MU's that they are concerned about too many being harvested.

I wonder if it will ever be allowed to use them again???
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Melo View Post
    Sorry I should have said that he likes to walk but cant walk much because of an old spine injury..

Ill still convice him to go i think though hopefully lol
    Then he should qualify as a disabled hunter and possibly use his ATV. He would have to gain that approval before setting out on the ATV trail. It will require a doctor's certification.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Then he should qualify as a disabled hunter and possibly use his ATV. He would have to gain that approval before setting out on the ATV trail. It will require a doctor's certification.
    No..he might qualify as a disabled hunter but not to hunt the closed areas...
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

what about fn? are they included...or no? trational hunting back of pic-up toyota..eh

Diabled hunters are included in the ban. They can hunt from a vehicle but not from an ATV, no different than anyone else.

Isn't it funny that everyone was ranting on here a few months ago that there are 2 many roads and wildlife need a place to hide and habitat habitat habitat. And now that some regs are in place to restrict people and protect animals, the bitching starts. It is a good idea until it affects me right?

My problem with the ban is that now, the roads and trails I used to ride around on my quads with my young kids now have guys driving in trucks. How does that help!?

I feel for some of the old timers...the ban hits them hard...my poor dad he had a lot of enjoyment and success over the years in spite of his heart condition..but what is the saying? “All good things come to an end”
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    .......Isn't it funny that everyone was ranting on here a few months ago that there are 2 many roads and wildlife need a place to hide and habitat habitat habitat. And now that some regs are in place to restrict people and protect animals, the bitching starts. It is a good idea until it affects me right?
    You think they are the same peeps, being two faced? I doubt it
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole