Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Day/Overnight Pack that break neither Bank now Back

Re: Hunting Day/Overnight Pack that break neither Bank now Back

I picked up a Badlands 2200 from another forum member for $250. Haven't really loaded it up yet, but the fit so far is delightful, as is the functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuritau View Post
    I picked up a Badlands 2200 from another forum member for $250. Haven't really loaded it up yet, but the fit so far is delightful, as is the functionality.
    I got one this year too and have been very happy with it. A bit cheaper than the MR as well.

Mystery ranch makes a pretty decent pack but pretty sure mines wore out. Been using it for 5 years and have been getting major pains the last few pack trips. The padding in the waist belt seems to be almost gone. I’m going back to a external frame pack after this fall. Just tried on a Barney’s the other day and that will be what I’m going for. I used an external frame pack before the mystery ranch and they are the way to go in my mind.
    I'm sure the wolves are not in the area to howl Kumbaya at the moon and eat granola. "Ourea"

I'm using the Vorn Deer (42L) pack: http://ca.vornequipment.com/vorn-dee...eltree-xtra-53 I like having the rifle carry on the pack so both my hands are free when I'm scrambling up the nasty terrain. I can have gun in hand and looking through the scope within 4 seconds still. Downside: no meat rack. The reality being 1% of the time I'm carrying meat, but I will have my rifle 100% of the time... Might be a bit tight for an overnight unless you go really light.

If you live near the lower mainland there is an endless supply of 60L arcteryx bags on craigslist for less than $200

I have a Camelbak very well built. And a camelbak water bladder only pack that has a strong shoulder strapping and rings for tying meat on

I have an eberlestock for long pack trips which has been great but you’re looking at $400 give or take. I also have a cabelas Alaskan guide pack frame and can honestly say it is just as comfy as my eberlestock. I’ve packed a ton of meat out on that thing with some loads exceeding 150lbs and never had an issue. I just strap my old backpack to the frame and fill it with whatever I need for the day. As mentioned they are about 120-150

I love my Mystery ranch.
    Last edited by barongan; 11-14-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zippermouth View Post
    Mystery ranch makes a pretty decent pack but pretty sure mines wore out. Been using it for 5 years and have been getting major pains the last few pack trips. The padding in the waist belt seems to be almost gone. I’m going back to a external frame pack after this fall. Just tried on a Barney’s the other day and that will be what I’m going for. I used an external frame pack before the mystery ranch and they are the way to go in my mind.
    You mention Barneys . do you have a link to them as well as what one you tried on ?
    Thanks
    Arctric Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfauste View Post
    If you live near the lower mainland there is an endless supply of 60L arcteryx bags on craigslist for less than $200
    60L is it gonna be enough for overnight gear AND for packing an animal out, unless the animal is a hare.

Just fyi in case some of the newer hunters might not be aware.