Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone Else's Bullet in Your Game

Re: Someone Else's Bullet in Your Game

Found bullets on multiple bull elk. They are amazingly tough animals
    Live to Hunt...

Had a pus pocket that ended at a broken rib with a round indent. Bullet must have not opened up and moose worked it out.

1 moose with a bullet lodged encapsulated in upper spine bones in the neck.

1 elk with a bullet encapsulated in the shoulder.

Quite shocked about this. Makes you wonder about those stories of hunter swearing hey hit the animal but could not locate it. Also, maybe guys taking long shots with inadequate caliber/bullets for the job.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Lots of shit poor hunters/shooters out there, like Dino

i shot a deer twice.
    when i was capping it out
    had an extra entry exit wound a little aft of the vitals
    was talking with a guy at the fish and game banquete
    and he had shot a deer and lost it the day before i got mine
    may have been the same deer

About 7 years ago or so I took a buddy out to get a deer. He had just put one down when we heard a shot no more than 100 yards away. Two minutes later this fellow in a Tracker passes us, saying he just saw a nice buck, shot at it, but missed, the deer got away. Something didn't seem right about the fellow and he was eager to keep moving. About a week later I took another friend out to get his 1st Mule deer, we were in the same area as the previous week. Found a buck right away, but I noticed it didn't seem to be using it's left front leg. After buddy put it down with a single broadside heart shot, we discovered an entry wound in the left shoulder. This is what we saw when you lifted that leg. Leg bone was broken in two as well.

Last edited by Buckmeister; 11-05-2018 at 09:09 AM.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

One big black bear with a facefull of birdshot and a busted out canine and a whitie 5x5 with a bullet furrow on it`s ass and a shot off G3, looked like a failed Texas heartshot.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

I was butchering up my blacktail the other night and found a pellet in his ass end

The bull elk I shot this fall had an old broad head in its front shoulder. The broad head went through the shoulder blade maybe 5 inches but not far enough to enter body cavity. Was fully healed over and all the carbon from the shaft was mostly disintegrated and it was all encased in a membrane. Out of the same shoulder I also pulled out multiple lead fragments from a rifle shot that looked to be from the same time period. They also were encased in a membrane and were being pushed to the surface.
    I shot that bull in the front shoulder he spun and I hit his other front shoulder destroying the bone and that bugger still ran 80 yrds before I was able to take him down with a spine shot. They r incrediblely tough animals to put down at times.

have found #7 shot in quite a few grouse breasts, haven't found anything in my bigger game yet
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster