Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone Else's Bullet in Your Game

Someone Else's Bullet in Your Game

Found a puss surrounded, undersized bullet in the bottom shank of the bear I took last week. Had a buddy find a healed over bullet in the hind quarter of a moose he took.

You guys find the odd bullet while cutting up your game?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Someone Else's Bullet in Your Game

I shot an old bull elk in the peace years ago. He had a bullet hole in his scapula and 2 bullets lodged in there that had long since healed over. They are tough buggers.
    KCCO

Hmm yes on a couple grizzlies..
    My 2016 moose had a bullet hole through his one headgear..
    Steven

I found a broadhead in a blacktail bucks shoulder about 10 years ago. Looked like it had been there for at leat a year.

I had taken a friend to my go to spot, he poked a nice 4x3 across a ravine about 300 yds off. We waited a couple mins after the shot, I had watched him drop in his tracks. Get over there and no deer, slide marks down the steep slope......then nothing. No snow for tracking, no blood, searched until dark. Next weekend another friend shoots the deer, it has a big piece of shrapnel in the skin on his neck just behind the head. Best we can figure is the week before the shot went overtop and the ricochet knocked that deer out as he was on quite a steep slope.

3 elk.
    1 capsulized in the neck
    1 in the hind lower area
    1 thru the ear.

Saw this on the "Love to Hunt" FB page. Bone regrown around an arrow!!!

https://www.facebook.com/ILoveToHunt...type=3&theater
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Found a few pieces of birdshot in a black bear, not sure if he got caught stealing some picnic baskets or what but I've been curious about it ever since.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

35 cal Barnes TSX in the hip of an elk we took once. Was in a pocket of clear fluid
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Found a broad head in a deer’s spine. Completely healed and bone grown over it. Ran the dang thing through my bandsaw. Wish I had kept pics.