Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help and info!!

Re: Need help and info!!

Actually, I am amazed how over the past few years R4 guys have been coming down to R3.
    But then again, after the weeks up, a lot of the R4 guys say they will stay in R4 the next year, no bs either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Actually, I am amazed how over the past few years R4 guys have been coming down to R3.
    But then again, after the weeks up, a lot of the R4 guys say they will stay in R4 the next year, no bs either.
    Grass isnt always greener is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Not sarcastic about hunting area 4 our family goes every year and we always do well,

and yes very sarcastic about area 4 guys hunting area 3
    Right on haha. Thats the vibe I got.

A good hour of reading and searching on here would make anyone pretty keen on where to go, so I just dont understand why you would askkkkk.

Oate5

Truth is you are a new member (only a few posts)
    If you were asking about a coveted once in a lifetime LEH draw and looking for info from members, you will
    be surprised how many folks will help thru pm's to get the most out of the tag and potential success.
    When it comes to something like where's a good spot in the EK for GOS type hunts, you will quickly
    realize you are on your own.
    Sometimes a retired hunter or someone who used to have a spot but no longer uses it anymore, may help with
    some advice.
    But, don't be surprised by others here, most in fact, telling you to do your own homework.

My thoughts are this:
    Look for any "Studies done by the Ministry" over the years, depending on which game you are most interested in.
    You will find "collaring projects" that can give you some ideas as to "where the are", especially closer to winter,
    but some studies will be conducted longer term, so you can get an idea "on movement".
    Remember however, these aren't "classified/top secret" documents.
    Anyone can see them, and it's not a new concept I am presenting to you.
    So, if anyone can get their hands on it, then expect that those areas will have more hunters.
    Also, if they bothered to do the studies in a given area, it is because that area generally is known to have higher concentrations of that species to begin with.

Hope that helps, and have a good season, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Oate5

Truth is you are a new member (only a few posts)
    If you were asking about a coveted once in a lifetime LEH draw and looking for info from members, you will
    be surprised how many folks will help thru pm's to get the most out of the tag and potential success.
    When it comes to something like where's a good spot in the EK for GOS type hunts, you will quickly
    realize you are on your own.
    Sometimes a retired hunter or someone who used to have a spot but no longer uses it anymore, may help with
    some advice.
    But, don't be surprised by others here, most in fact, telling you to do your own homework.

My thoughts are this:
    Look for any "Studies done by the Ministry" over the years, depending on which game you are most interested in.
    You will find "collaring projects" that can give you some ideas as to "where the are", especially closer to winter,
    but some studies will be conducted longer term, so you can get an idea "on movement".
    Remember however, these aren't "classified/top secret" documents.
    Anyone can see them, and it's not a new concept I am presenting to you.
    So, if anyone can get their hands on it, then expect that those areas will have more hunters.
    Also, if they bothered to do the studies in a given area, it is because that area generally is known to have higher concentrations of that species to begin with.

Hope that helps, and have a good season, good luck.
    Thanks for giving it to me straight, I am assuming that my original post may have unintentionally came across with the wrong intent. Im not looking for "spots". What I am wondering is how it works out in region 4. I love to find the animals on my own and start my own adventures. But i would hate to start on this adventure at the wrong end of the spectrum.

Like I would hate to start this expedition looking for moose in the south east corner of the region when they are actually.north west.

On vancouver island we have a huge area of forest that 75% is gated off. So if someone was ask the same question I have asked about here(vancouver island). I would do my best to point them in the right direction so they can at least get boots on the ground and hunt. Rather than drive around finding lock gates everywhere. In the end, getting frustrated and giving up or going home with nothing. It's a far distance to travel being completely blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Oate5 View Post
    Thanks for giving it to me straight, I am assuming that my original post may have unintentionally came across with the wrong intent. Im not looking for "spots". What I am wondering is how it works out in region 4. I love to find the animals on my own and start my own adventures. But i would hate to start on this adventure at the wrong end of the spectrum.

Like I would hate to start this expedition looking for moose in the south east corner of the region when they are actually.north west.

On vancouver island we have a huge area of forest that 75% is gated off. So if someone was ask the same question I have asked about here(vancouver island). I would do my best to point them in the right direction so they can at least get boots on the ground and hunt. Rather than drive around finding lock gates everywhere. In the end, getting frustrated and giving up or going home with nothing. It's a far distance to travel being completely blind.
    South east has some very good moose areas

When it comes to camping spots, the backroads map books are by far the best resource. I've always been a hardcopy guy but I believe the digital versions allow you to bluedot on your phone.

To they people trying to help the guy that's great that is what this site is about

Thank you everyone. Although the info provided was a bit limited, I am please with the ones who did offer up some advice and tips. Tp you, Thank you!!