Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help and info!!

Need help and info!!

Hello,

I am wanting to set something up in region 4 for an annual trip to make from Vancouver island. I dont know much about the areas or infastructure out that way for hunting. Anyone on here I can get in touch with to ask questions?

Im looking for info on accomodation? If I was to camp what are good areas to camp without being harassed? Areas of the region that will have elk, moose, whitetail, muleys and or turkey etc. Etc..

Not looking for your honey holes. Just an idea of how it works out there.

thanks in advance.

m.oate5@outlook.com is my email.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Need help and info!!

Google maps is your friend. Pick a spot and go check it out. Make sure u have a back up spot or two.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Thank you bustercluck. I use my ihunter map constantly and its great. I have heard that elk are more populated in the lower regions of region 4 and if you want moose, you need to go north further, is this true?

I am leaning towards 4-3, 4-4 area. I would love some local input on that area if anyone can help!

Check the regs. but I'm fairly certain elk season ended a couple weeks ago. Long haul from the island to that area just for a scouting expedition. If you're driving via the Kootenay pass, be prepared for serious winter conditions, a possible delay if they close it. Plenty of small towns along the highway down there, but it's still pretty remote & wild once off the main roads. Can be a long way between open fuel stations so plan for that as well, particularly if traveling in the evening.

Its a big province dude. with alot better better hunting for elk, moose, whitetail, muleys and or turkey etc. Etc.. elsewhere................... region 4 needs a break from doe and spike shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
    Check the regs. but I'm fairly certain elk season ended a couple weeks ago. Long haul from the island to that area just for a scouting expedition. If you're driving via the Kootenay pass, be prepared for serious winter conditions, a possible delay if they close it. Plenty of small towns along the highway down there, but it's still pretty remote & wild once off the main roads. Can be a long way between open fuel stations so plan for that as well, particularly if traveling in the evening.
    No this would be next year at the earliest. Trying to get as much info before heading out. (I like to do my homework).
    Last edited by Oate5; 11-04-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenaykid85 View Post
    Its a big province dude. with alot better better hunting for elk, moose, whitetail, muleys and or turkey etc. Etc.. elsewhere................... region 4 needs a break from doe and spike shooters.
    It is a huge province. I have done enough looking and reading to know that region 4 is the area I want to go to.

Im not interested in putting forward all the effort to come out that way for does and "spikers". If I want small animals ill stay on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Oate5 View Post
    It is a huge province. I have done enough looking and reading to know that region 4 is the area I want to go to.

Im not interested in putting forward all the effort to come out that way for does and "spikers". If I want small animals ill stay on the island.

what have you been reading??? what makes region 4 for the place to go for you? I am born and raised region 4 close to 40 years stomping around these woods and I now find myself doing research on other places to hunt.....do you see what im getting at

what have you been reading??? what makes region 4 for the place to go for you? I am born and raised region 4 close to 40 years stomping around these woods and I now find myself doing research on other places to hunt.....do you see what im getting at
    Hate to say it but region 4 is still one of the better areas to hunt

The bigger issue is game is declining in most of BC and BC hunters have been running around looking for that magic place with good numbers for sometime.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Our family goes to the area 4 every year and do quite well this year was no exception ? hunting is just that sometimes you get em sometimes you don't, but please stay out of area 3 with your research, there's no animals left there as all the area 4 guys go hunting there now during the any buck season and shoot all the spikers

7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America