Thread: Whitetails penticton Osoyoos rock creek

Whitetails penticton Osoyoos rock creek

Planning a whitetail hunt probably this region that’s 8-1/8-12. I understand there’s whitetails around here from what I’ve read on here. I have a plan and a pretty good idea of what I’m doing, but am open to pm’s on some specifics. Although I have no issue going in blind to this area. From Ontario I know whitetails and one look at google earth pretty much says where they should be paired up with knowledge from here.

Thanks in advance for any info will post pics when I get one

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Whitetails penticton Osoyoos rock creek

Welcome to BC

Mt Blady region would be a great place to start , get away from a the road- quad traffic hope for a bit of snow and enjoy your hunt .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

It been a bc er for 10 years now and dropped more than a few mulies bears moose and goat. Haven’t nailed a whitetail out here though and already got my 4 point.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelpulse View Post
    .........Although I have no issue going in blind to this area. .......
    good plan right there. A blind is a good way to hunt wt
    Last edited by boxhitch; 11-13-2018 at 07:12 PM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Haha I meant going into the area blind. I’m not the biggest fan of stand/blind hunting. I’m a still hunter/tracker of the deers

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    good plan right there. A blind is a good way to hunt wt
    Goodin Box.... I like it !

I concur.....Going in Blind is a good idea.......

I’ve spent a fair bit of time in that area (we used to have 100+ acres between Beaverdell and Rock Cr). Lots of deer around there but the further east you go, the more WT you’ll see. At least that’s been my experience over the past 3-4 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelpulse View Post
    Haha I meant going into the area blind. I’m not the biggest fan of stand/blind hunting. I’m a still hunter/tracker of the deers
    Know a few guys from Northern Ontario and they figured out BC WT act different then what they are use to. We assume it’s the longer seasons, lower density and presidents of mule deer. They also noticed BC WT are way more pocket orientated. Only trick these boys had that works well with the correct partners was dogging WT as a group. These guys all grew up still hunting/tracking and deer drives.

Tracking/still hunting can work but depends on the hunter/location. With the pressure increase in BC many WT moved into thicker bush that is tough or not possible to still hunt. Then add in at times it’s just a small pocket sometimes still hunting is a poor choice. Personally I would add rattling/doe bleats to your still hunting and keep it really slow

Don’t let your pride stop you from sitting and calling if you stumble on the right spot

Parts of 8-12/8-01 are very pocket oriented for WT and like was posted farther east is better. Good starting points looking for WT is creek/river drainage and around lakes. Ravines with large flatter bottoms and the base of steeper hills in more mountainous areas

good luck if you have enough snow lower elevation drainages can get really good

Oh ya don’t get me wrong. I’ll use all the whitetail tactics necessary to take down a buck be that calling or standing for a while. I just much prefer to track and still hunt. Thanks for the tips so far

look for draws above creeks or with a few trees in them, they act as a travel corridor, sitting and waiting is your best bet... Good Luck out there, N.M.
    LIVE 2 HUNT-HUNT 2 LIVE