Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladner Delta Snows

guest Guest

Ladner Delta Snows

Hows the Snow Show been boyz?
    Lots keeping quiet I think..... Looking forward to getting on these White Whirlys again. :mrgreen

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ladner Delta Snows

You better get onto that young buck soon as they're starting to move off there! His connection will do you well! K

guest Guest

All lined up 350......
    Any day with friends and family is better than none lol.
    Bring on the tender greys haha

guest Guest

Well had a terrific share ....great outing with a new family member to be today on the Delta Snow goose quest today.
    We arrived early to our spot plenty early enough to spread our mix of full bods, shells, and wind sox. The first 3/4 hour of legal shooting light came with barely a bird in thd sky. We could hear our fellow water fowlers getting shots throught various spots on the Fraser Delta.
    The ice was soon broken for our first time Fowler....and he proudly retrieved his first Goose....a nice Snow.
    Although we certainly didnt limit out with todays challenges of bright sunlight and brisk Westerly.
    We shared some great times together and welcome this new Hunter and Fowler to our company of sportsmen.
    Smiles said it all. Another hooked hunter. This along with knowing our Dad used to hunt these same fields some 50 to 60 years ago. Super cool. Happy to follow in your footsteps.....so proud of you pops.

Special thanks to the Farmers of the Fraser Delta ....you make it all possible. Great times together.

CT

Yes they came through last weekend. Filled the sky. If I had been a better shot I would have gotten more. This weekend I'm bringing more ammunition as I had run out.

guest Guest

Yup all that dam clear sunshine days dont help us Silver......but its to rain the rest of the weekdays. But clear again sat sun. Dang lots of birds around.....jumping from place to place.....safe zones most though lol. Bring on some bad Stormy weather.....then bring on the Snow show haha.

The snows have definitely been coming in good numbers the past couple of days... looking out from my balcony in North Delta at sunrise, I could see the birds coming off the fields and filling the sky. Damn you work! I need to get out there! I sure wish I had some field access to get at these birds. Met a couple guys hunting pheasant out in Ladner the other day who were members of AWP. They had field access to a field holding snowies and the old guys were only interested in the pheasant (training a young gun dog). To each there own, but darn it, I would have loved a crack at the snow geese.

Glad to hear you getting out there Curly!

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Yup all that dam clear sunshine days dont help us Silver......but its to rain the rest of the weekdays. But clear again sat sun. Dang lots of birds around.....jumping from place to place.....safe zones most though lol. Bring on some bad Stormy weather.....then bring on the Snow show haha.

I was out there yesterday and they were coming off the shore and flying east over me at 200 metres plus. It was originally forecast to be wet and windy in the morning, weather that finally arrived in the night. There might have been some lower flights this morning but I wasn't going out two days in a row. They have all been congregating in fields at the junction of Highway 99 and 17A street as I was told last week and saw on my way home.

Went for a cruise to Boundary Bay. Holy smokes! You should have seen the thousands of ducks out there really close to the dike at high tide. Amazing.
    Last edited by MichelD; 11-14-2018 at 12:55 PM.

+1 at Highway 99 and 17A. See them everyday heading South. Lots. Do you think they've evolved to know that they are safe there?

Quote Originally Posted by dak0ta View Post
    +1 at Highway 99 and 17A. See them everyday heading South. Lots. Do you think they've evolved to know that they are safe there?
    No evolved, just conditioned. They go to various fields when they first get here every year, then when they get shot there at they move to other fields and so on until they find fields where people aren't shooting.