Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ladner Delta Snows

guest Guest

Re: Ladner Delta Snows

Quote Originally Posted by dak0ta View Post
    +1 at Highway 99 and 17A. See them everyday heading South. Lots. Do you think they've evolved to know that they are safe there?
    Still on that corner eh Dakota...... Showing lots of mature birds in those bunches when I've gone by.
    Where's the tender greys ? lol the inexperienced ones. We had one if them land amongst the deeks the other day.......crazy thing allowed us to walk up to within 10 feet of it........ Lol weird.....its in slow cook mode right now.

For those getting out, were hopeing for Nasty Ugly weather for our best chances at them. Still more coming, lots of feed and warm here. They'll be here a while yet. But most are getting smarter as time rolls along.

Good luck to those chasing the Whites !

Today they moved over one field south hehe.

I've only eaten Snow Geese. How do Canadas taste?

While daydreaming about hunting at work.. For the high flying geese out of range, we should develop an anti-aircraft type of shotshell. 3.5" magnum that launches a secondary shell to a specific height which then detonates sending out BBs in all directions at altitude 100-150m in the air.
    Last edited by dak0ta; 11-15-2018 at 01:14 AM.

lol the inexperienced ones. We had one if them land amongst the deeks the other day.......crazy thing allowed us to walk up to within 10 feet of it
    Last Saturday the SINGLE snowie we saw was this lonely one that circled us on the edge of range. It would give the hello honk and I would respond and back and forth. We tried to pop off at it and it did its best to die but finally it understood what was happening and flew off. A little later it came back in the company of a couple swans and we didn't get a good shot then either. Frustrating day overall but that part with the loner made us laugh.