Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More Internal Troubles...

Re: More Internal Troubles...

Writing is on the wall the BCWF is not a hunting organization and have been head more towards conservation group only

A lot more hunters are seeing it each day

From the HCTF board of directors list.

Vice Chair – Harvey Andrusak – Nelson
    Harvey Andrusak is the President of Redfish Consulting Limited in Nelson. He specializes as a biological consultant in freshwater fisheries biology, with expertise in kokanee and rainbow trout biology. Harvey has also served as Director, Fisheries Branch and Manager, Fish Culture in the Ministry of Environment, Lands and Parks and as the Regional Fisheries Biologist in the Ministry of Environment. Harvey is a graduate of the University of British Columbia with both a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science.

Sometimes to become a "team player" you have to sacrifice the members you represent elsewhere.
    It's coming to year end, most member clubs will be renewing the membership. That portion of the membership that would be remitted to the BCWF should be retained by the clubs until a favorable alternative is established. I am not sure if a club can start a TFSA, but that is where the money should be held until needed.
    Up until recently, I was a hardcore advocate for the BCWF. No longer.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Hey BCWF - I know you read this

Why don't you do everyone a favour and honestly tell hunters that you don't see them in your future vision for the organization.

BCWF - you suck.
    "You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks." - Winston Churchill

Its a good thing tar & feathers aren’t used any more.

I try to support the BCWF, have since I was a kid. I also accept that the BCWF has become a conservation group, I even support some aspects of it. But to basically withdraw open support support for the shooting sports... this may be the last straw for me. Almost every gun club has a strong conservation aspect included in their mandate, or has bred off shoots that focus solely on conservation. If they will no longer support them than the BCWF is basically an insurance provider, and after the new membership fee increase they are a rather expensive one. Quite a few clubs have left and saved quite a bit of coin by doing so.

Serious question: How exactly does a club benefit from belonging to the BCWF beyond insurance?

I am having a hard time coming up with any concrete benefits beyond insurance. There communication is lousy, their social media pages are basically fundraising platforms with only the occasional mention of conservation projects and no mention of any groups involved besides the BCWF itself. And it is the only organization I have ever been a part or even heard of that charges delegates to attend an AGM *NOTE: I am referring to the actual meeting not galas/dinners/auctions/guest speakers/etc that may accompany it. Charge for lunch sure, but a designated delegate's ability to attend an AGM and vote should be included in their membership!!!
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

^ Interesting post. Hoping it's not deleted, or this thread locked down.

Assault rifles were developed on the eastern front . In house to house, or more to the point inside the house fighting the Germans wanted something handier than Mauser'98 . The Soviets on the receiving end saw the benefit , thus SKS. This led to the AK-47. In the jungles of Vietnam ,the Americans on the receiving end also saw the benefit of in close weapon, thus the M-16. In both Pittsburgh and Sandy Hook the rifle worked just as designed. I know this is all leakage across the border, but I would suggest supporting assault rifles in Canada, means you likely wouldn't do too well in a public relations career.
    Last edited by Downwindtracker2; 11-03-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    From the HCTF board of directors list.

Vice Chair – Harvey Andrusak – Nelson
    Harvey Andrusak is the President of Redfish Consulting Limited in Nelson. He specializes as a biological consultant in freshwater fisheries biology, with expertise in kokanee and rainbow trout biology. Harvey has also served as Director, Fisheries Branch and Manager, Fish Culture in the Ministry of Environment, Lands and Parks and as the Regional Fisheries Biologist in the Ministry of Environment. Harvey is a graduate of the University of British Columbia with both a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science.

Sometimes to become a "team player" you have to sacrifice the members you represent elsewhere.
    It's coming to year end, most member clubs will be renewing the membership. That portion of the membership that would be remitted to the BCWF should be retained by the clubs until a favorable alternative is established. I am not sure if a club can start a TFSA, but that is where the money should be held until needed.
    Up until recently, I was a hardcore advocate for the BCWF. No longer.
    I'm in the same boat as you. No use whatsoever for the BCWF anymore. I'm also a past BCWF BOD member. Ashamed to admit that to anyone.
    Dave

As to "disrespect", I also have a few memories and they include a number of GOs making false and offensive remarks about me and my family. Another incident was a guy from Pennsylvania, who has hunted here some ten times with GOs, and he mocked the time my family has been here...........behind his computer, of course as cowards always will.

So, while Schneider, was usually polite, some others seemed to think that they were/are MORE entitled to host foreign hunters than I am to hunt here. This, could be why the "hatred" tended to erupt.

I am disheartened with the whole BCWF scenario and am also disgusted. To quote a favourite saying of my WWII veteran uncles and their buds, "f**kem all"!

Last edited by horshur; 11-03-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)