Sent to BCWF RSSC by blind cc

FYI

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: November 1, 2018 9:22 AM
    To: Harvey Andrusak
    Cc: Bill Bosch; David Carleton; Al Martin; Tina Coleman; Jesse Zeeman

Subject: Resignation as Chair BCWF RSSC

Hi Harvey

I am resigning as Chair of the Recreational Sports Shooting Committee effective immediately, the final issue being your inadequate support on the proposed Federal Government ban of handguns and assault (semi automatic) weapons.

You refused to allow Gary Mauser’s report on the round table to be distributed to members along with a link to and posting of our submission to the federal government.

In addition, you took a position on behalf of the BCWF in a recent press release that the federation was not supporting member completion of the government survey - contrary to the recommendation of both the RSSC and Firearms Committee that members be encouraged to vote no to further restrictions on licensed firearms owners. You also referred to a Bill C 71 submission that was not overly relevant, old news, and unlikely to generate media interest.

Given your lack of support and confidence in the work of the committee, I am no longer willing to continue as Chair of the BCWF Recreational Sports Shooting Committee.

Vic Skaarup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Re: More Internal Troubles...

Vic put a lot of passion into the RSSC and Shooting sports members, which make up a HUGE number of BCWF's members.

I applaud his dedication and energy to RSSC since he arrived at the Fed.

THIS is VERY BAD news!!!!

Harvey, should reconsider his position here or resign!

Serious question -- Given the BCWF is a conservation organization what does the BCWF have to do with handguns and assault weapons which are not used for hunting?

Quickly looked at the the BCWF mission on the web page, doesn't give any real mandate as to why the BCWF would be involved in this.

(I would support the fight against any proposed Federal ban on handguns and assault weapons)

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    Serious question -- Given the BCWF is a conservation organization what does the BCWF have to do with handguns and assault weapons which are not used for hunting?

Quickly looked at the the BCWF mission on the web page, doesn't give any real mandate as to why the BCWF would be involved in this.

(I would support the fight against any proposed Federal ban on handguns and assault weapons)
    I'd venture to bet that a VERY large number of members of the BCWF are members so they can shoot recreationally at their local ranges. Protecting these members rights and also supporting local clubs who have shooting ranges is important if the large bulk of the membership are members for that sole reason. That's the simple answer IMO

What the heck is an assault weapon??
    Last edited by Rackmastr; 11-02-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    I'd venture to bet that a VERY large number of members of the BCWF are members so they can shoot recreationally at their local ranges. Protecting these members rights and also supporting local clubs who have shooting ranges is important if the large bulk of the membership are members for that sole reason. That's the simple answer IMO

What the heck is an assault weapon??
    - no clue, just going off of the original post.

Found it in the annual report: "The Board also approved the implementation of theRecreational Sport Shooting Committee in July of 2015,in support of our growing sport shooting membershipbase"

"The Recreational Sport Shooting Committee and theFirearms Committee are now the highest funded committeesof the BCWF. And the Board is committed tosupporting our sport shooting and firearms enthusiastmembers throughout 2016 and beyond, as identified asa priority in the BCWF Strategic Plan."

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    - no clue, just going off of the original post.

Found it in the annual report: "The Board also approved the implementation of theRecreational Sport Shooting Committee in July of 2015,in support of our growing sport shooting membershipbase"

"The Recreational Sport Shooting Committee and theFirearms Committee are now the highest funded committeesof the BCWF. And the Board is committed tosupporting our sport shooting and firearms enthusiastmembers throughout 2016 and beyond, as identified asa priority in the BCWF Strategic Plan."
    Yep, I was a part of the BOD back then when the RSSC was created. Vic put a ton of effort into it along with the countless hours that Gary Mauser has put in for firearms rights.

No idea why people in our community (Vic included as he used it in his email) uses the term "assault weapon" unless you're campaigning for the Federal Liberals lol. Just thought it was funny.

She's a pretty dismal time for the BCWF.....

The start of the end..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    The start of the end..
    I'd say WELL past the start......likely closer to the last few chapters at the current pace....

Add in the membership dues increase they recently announced and I’d say it’s the nail in the coffin...