Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blocking road with camp

Re: Blocking road with camp

Brutal.

We had something like this a couple years ago up North in area 7 while moose hunting. A few guys parked their pickup across the road and told us the bridge was out and the the road was not passable beyond this point. We knew the road went back for dozens of KM's, with multiple spurs, basins, and camp spots. We told them in no uncertain terms that they best move their truck and allow us to pass. Eventually they did and we continued on our way, but it took a lot of arguing. The funny part is, they thought they were in the right and that we were the assholes.
    They were from Mission and probably frequent this site. Bunch of losers.

How have the CO’s been towards this ....

The co dispatch lady said she would send someone up. Not sure if they came because I had to come down last night to work today. I’ll talk to the boys this weekend and post an update.

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    The co dispatch lady said she would send someone up. Not sure if they came because I had to come down last night to work today. I’ll talk to the boys this weekend and post an update.
    Ahh hunters and so many think its non-hunters that are the problem. will be interesting to see if the COs made it up there and what comes of it.
    Seems to be a fair number of threads or posts on this sort of thing, road blocks, intitlement etc.
    Heck even the mushroom pickers were fighting and threatening and blocking people in the EK this year saying its there area etc. still a couple of there cars left abanded in the bush,
    not sure why they don't get charged for littering for that.

A guy I know told me that when he gets to a road he wants to hunt (1st light), he doesn’t let anyone past his truck while he slowly road hunts it in his truck. He believes that the road is his to hunt now (road hunt) because he got there first, and people who don’t understand “hunting etiquette” are assholes.

People don’t just lay claim to areas. One story I heard is that a guy superficially wounded a big ram in the Kootenay’s recently, and while he was hunting for it, another hunter in the area came across it and killed it, not even realizing it had a superficial wound. Apparently the original shooter found the kill site and aggressively (just verbal) laid claim to “his” ram. Rumor has it the other guy relented not wanting to deal with the threats and bullshit, even after later being told by CO’s that the ram would legally be his and could be returned if he wanted to pursue it. Now if this story is true, what kind of entitled moron is willing to do that so he can put a ram on his wall that he didn’t even kill and may have never killed?
    And I agree with previous poster that this isn’t really a hunter thing, more of a human nature thing when you have competition for things you like to do.
    Last edited by mod7rem; 11-02-2018 at 04:00 PM.

what a bunch of goofs, glad you made them man up and move. fk they think they are...........natives

Ran into that 5 years ago and I was on the dead end side of the road for 5 days before that,no one was around camp we waited for an hour then I winched their truck and then the trailer down the road and off to the side, they must have been very confused when they came back.... common sense isn’t common anymore. Good on you for saying something

Good for you guys. I would have done the same but probably in a less diplomatic way!

Ran into that problem in Princeton a mo the ago. Some European accent sounding older gentleman and a older woman. She was chopping wood for them the whole time lol

my trucks are built and I have no problem when younger just pushing them out of the way but now with all the cell phones pictures just can not do this stuff . YUP that's why I stayed home this year . THERE ARE JUST SO MANY STUPID PEPOLE OUT THERE it is not fun anymore . I have a new plan as hunting now .Very few people most time no one .Just look at all the country up the inlets along the coast all have old logging roads heading into the main land . Time to get set up and go back there again