Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Blocking road with camp

Re: Blocking road with camp

Do not want to derail the OPs thread but the ENTITLED PEOPLE the ones I mentioned before ,I guess it stems from how you were raised and common sense . What is acceptable in ones house may be totally out of line in another . Goes for common sense also .Not trying to be holier than thou
    Apologies just a my thoughts !
    Arctic Lake
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 11-04-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Do not want to derail the OPs thread but the ENTITLED PEOPLE the ones I mentioned before ,I guess it stems from how you were raised and common sense . What is acceptable in ones house may be totally out of line in another . Goes for common sense also .Not trying to be holier than though !
    Apologies just a my thoughts !
    Arctic Lake
    A lot of truth in that for sure!

It a bullshit move...but life is to short there are never enough days to waste on that..go hunting.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    It a bullshit move...but life is to short there are never enough days to waste on that..go hunting.
    Agreed. When you're young and full of testosterone fight or vengeance is what first comes into your mind.
    When I first started driving it was the same. Someone did me wrong and I wanted to get them back. As I
    matured I realized that it wasn't going to solve the problem, likely would make it worse, and more importantly,
    even if the offender was eliminated, there were many waiting to take his place. Better to chill and move on...
    ...as you say, 'life is too short to waste it on that.'

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    Blocking roads is a dick move for sure but how petty do you have to be to vandalize someone’s truck like a bratty teenager?
    What he said. No excuse for messing with someone's vehicle, period. Full dick move right there.

My mother always said "Two wrongs don't make a right."
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

You reduce your chances of vandalism by 80-90% by not blocking the road. Think about it.
    Block the road, especially a through road, and your risk increases. Why is it some of you think it's okay to block the way and be immune from some consequence.
    Let's do a roll reversal. The road you block is a roundabout. The end you're blocking is closer to a medical facility. A group started from the other end and were making their way along toward the end you're blocking when a medical emergency occurred. Proceeding forward because it is shorter and thinking the way is clear sailing, they come around the corner and there is/are vehicle(s) blocking the way and nary a soul around. Honking the horn to draw your attention, you're not going to respond because it is some pissed hunter that can't continue, so piss on him. No one shows and they are now force to make a decision (a) return the way they came increasing the critical time or (b) push the blocking vehicles over the bank.
    Blocking the road is purely self indulgence with a don't give a dam about anyone else. You will reap what you sow.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Jag is a class act. Vandalize people's property and shoot people's dogs. WOW! Blows my mind there are hunters like that in the bush.

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    Been hunting since 65 & only 2x came across hunters intentionally blocking the road intersection with vehicles & with vehicles + camp. In both cases managed to drive around by clearing a path.

One time at the Gang a guy parked his vehicle at 90 deg blocking only 1/2 of the road. We drove around & met the guy road hunting by foot. His excuse was that he wanted hunters know that he was there.
    The other times the hunters gave us a dirty look on our way back.

One of the reasons I always carry sat. phone, GPS, cameras nowadays.
    Intentional road block- report it to a CO asap.
    It was near Gang where a group of hunters set up a large trailer with some parked SUVs, ATVs, ...almost totally blocking the access road to one of our favourite areas. They had all kinds of signs posted leading to their camp. We ignored the signs & proceeded driving off the road & around the camp using the 4x4. Nothing was said-we avoided a confrontation.

Next time I'll phone the CO & hope they get charged under BC WILDLIFE ACT SEC. 80- A person commits an offence if the person interferes with or obstructs a person licensed or permitted to capture wildlife or to hunt, fish, guide or trap while that person is lawfully so engaged.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Jag is a class act. Vandalize people's property and shoot people's dogs. WOW! Blows my mind there are hunters like that in the bush.
    I see you are accusing me of something that never happened. Only the thought occurred. Wait, wait, you can be found guilty for your thoughts. I thought you are an egomaniac, I am guilty.
    I am an advocate for respecting other people's rights, particularly the right to move freely up and down roads that we all have paid for. The rights that you seem to take for granted.
    I see that you didn't respond to (a) or (b) above. You might have to make a choice . Typical, see only what you want to see. So, given such a scenario, what would you do Dana?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I ran across 2 camps and one pick-up blocking roads in a few days in region 6 this year...all of them were from the lower mainland area.
    Not much good to say about that type of mentality!