Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Blocking road with camp

Re: Blocking road with camp

Did I say that I actually ever did it? Well the answer to that is no. Thought about it a few times. And I do carry the valve stem tool for my own use for tightening the air bags valves onon my truck.
    Riddle me this though. It has been stated in the past on this forum of persons dropping tree in order to block others in. Where is that different from a flat tire? The person is inconvenienced if he has means to remove the blockage captive if not.
    When I was more active in hunting I used the atv and bypassed those blocking the way. Always encountered a high degree of consternation. Pissed because I went around them. It was on those occasions that the thought occurred, “Should’ve flattened a tire or two for the shitbag and went elsewhere.”
    In willybc’s post he stated how he had seen just the same thing with all the tires on every rig dumped so someone thought it prudent to send the message.
    Mans you can have at it any which way you want.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

One May the 24 we camped at a Rec Site. All weekend every night all night the group of 3 cars' stereos blared. Monday they came and asked if I had jumper cables. " Oh,no. I never carry them. "

Blocking roads deserve stem removal as well. Gates also .

I lived in502-B it seemed to be most hunters from Vancouver island blocked roads left a mess in there camp threw the hides down the Out house and left there LUCKY cans and bottles smashed all over . I must admit when they shut the moose hunt down it helped as all the asses went north . All so many times after they left you could go back and hunt that area as look for Ravens and my bubby used to say nice these cow moose will keep the wolfs away from the cattle for a bit

And just remembered the name sooke river logging party left a bull a cow two calves in the timber they started to pack the bull out and too much work so packed up gone on the ferry and home . No use reporting this as the CO one of them hated our family something about illegal guiding

Quote Originally Posted by okas View Post
    And just remembered the name sooke river logging party left a bull a cow two calves in the timber they started to pack the bull out and too much work so packed up gone on the ferry and home . No use reporting this as the CO one of them hated our family something about illegal guiding
    Don't group the rest of Vancouver island in with these guys. I'm sure they weren't the type of people that carry tags anyways.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Well I will see in a bit as I live here now ?? and I hope to find one or two that are into hunting and fishing. But the few I took out for the day are just not into it as lived here for years and never been out just burning up fuel looking where everything is . Before it gets funny I have been on and off this island for years .Just something about that ocean and as far as moose and elk all my old hunting buds are gone as most heart or liver cancer . a good hunting buddy is very hard to find as some well know if your into the hunt most are to hide from the wife get drunk and spoil the trip but want the meat they never shot ?

My biggest beef with living on the island was trying to get off the island for any reason. Try and line-up a 5 hour drive with a ferry that only runs during the day. I found that I never left for that reason. That and the seasonal employment logging was enough for me to leave. I find the people there pretty easy going though.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    Yeah but when it’s 7 Kms to get through the thick shit into some prime country it’s not cool in my opinion
    I agree with ya

Putting up illegal blocks to access on public roads is also worthy of RCMP involvement as well. Doesn’t hurt to let them know.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Anyone no if there has actually been any enforcement/consequences when a blocked roads is reported? I would think CO's are smoking busy during hunting season, hard to be making special trips to deal with morons.