Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blocking road with camp

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Re: Blocking road with camp

Quote Originally Posted by okas View Post
    my trucks are built and I have no problem when younger just pushing them out of the way but now with all the cell phones pictures just can not do this stuff . YUP that's why I stayed home this year . THERE ARE JUST SO MANY STUPID PEPOLE OUT THERE it is not fun anymore . I have a new plan as hunting now .Very few people most time no one .Just look at all the country up the inlets along the coast all have old logging roads heading into the main land . Time to get set up and go back there again
    As it's not that important to me anymore at my age, the actual killing of big game is not as important
    as the trip itself. Consequently I choose to hunt in areas most others don't bother with. Of course my
    chances are reduced, but I don't mind because I usually have the place to myself and don't have to put
    up with the selfish morons etc. The last buck I shot was in an area where I saw several others, some
    4 pt or better, saw quite a bit of recent sign, and not another hunter. They were all roaring by, sometimes
    literally in caravans, on the main fsr that headed into far distant parts.

It's called ENTITLEMENT ! Yep some people think they are entitled to everything for themselves ! Got to tell you it pisses me off as well ! Just remember to keep your cool fellas !
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    It's called ENTITLEMENT ! Yep some people think they are entitled to everything for themselves ! Got to tell you it pisses me off as well ! Just remember to keep your cool fellas !
    Arctic Lake
    Fully agree. We avoid confrontations at all cost.

Take note of any illegal activity -what & where & report ASAP preferably when a safe distance away.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Seems to be a moose hunting thing. Came across this a few times over the years at various levels.

Ussally just told the group since you guys want a private spot I will leave you to it. After that I fall trees across the road on the way out

Shit heads for sure ! It will be interesting to what the CO service does -says about it - I BET Nothing ! jmo RJ

Hmm, wouldn't blocking a road be considered interfering with your legal hunt? Which of course is an infraction. Some people never grow up from the brat they were when they were a kid.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Exactly why I carry a nice length of chain.
    Actually, that is why I carry that little tool that removes the valve from the stem. Two does it, sometimes three. Most often they can pump the tires up, but they leak in a hurry without the valve. Treating ignorance with ignorance.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Actually, that is why I carry that little tool that removes the valve from the stem. Two does it, sometimes three. Most often they can pump the tires up, but they leak in a hurry without the valve. Treating ignorance with ignorance.
    Screwing with someone's vehicle in a wilderness is crossing the line, whether they were in the wrong or right. It could get someone killed! If I was to catch someone messing with my truck out in the wood, I would treat it as more than a little mischief.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    Screwing with someone's vehicle in a wilderness is crossing the line, whether they were in the wrong or right. It could get someone killed! If I was to catch someone messing with my truck out in the wood, I would treat it as more than a little mischief.
    But then your truck would not be impeding anyone's movement along the right of way, right? So you just needed to beak off at something, right?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

You know those guys that like to pass you when you're on your way out? The one's that pass and then slow down to a snails pace. I like to let them go by because the first vehicle to pass, particularly moose, is the vehicle that wakes the moose up from his snooze (most people think moose are nocturnal like deer, but they're not. Only in a full moon.) If you are a sufficient distance behind (what that distance is is happen-chance), you may encounter Barney staring in the direction of the blow-by vehicle. Had it happen once or twice, but have seen it happen more often. Of course a ten million candlepower or so light flashing off the trees will cause them to rise also. They think it's the dawning of a new day.