Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Blocking road with camp

Re: Blocking road with camp

called owner of said gate (logging firm)
    they said thanks and offered for me to daisy chain my own lock on there.
    blocking roads is ignorant...years ago a guys truck was shot up up sylvester road for said act..i was only 4 but rememember talking to the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    It was near Gang where a group of hunters set up a large trailer with some parked SUVs, ATVs, ...almost totally blocking the access road to one of our favourite areas. They had all kinds of signs posted leading to their camp. We ignored the signs & proceeded driving off the road & around the camp using the 4x4. Nothing was said-we avoided a confrontation.

Next time I'll phone the CO & hope they get charged under BC WILDLIFE ACT SEC. 80- A person commits an offence if the person interferes with or obstructs a person licensed or permitted to capture wildlife or to hunt, fish, guide or trap while that person is lawfully so engaged.
    Lower courts have ruled in the past that travelling to a hunting site prior to hunting does not fall under Section 80. Last time I heard a Judge speak on this, he admonished both parties for their lack of maturity and ability to sort out their differences without involving the courts.

Was not aware of the lower court's ruling. It doesn't make any sense.
    There was a reason why obstructs was underlined in my post.

OBSTRUCT defined
    -to block a road, passage, entrance etc.so that nothing can go along it, or to prevent something from happening correctly by putting difficulties in its way

Also since road hunting is allowed in BC(soon to change under the lefties) I'm also legally hunting while driving to my hunting site if there is one.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Really curious how many people actually get charged with interfering with a legal hunt each year in BC

I bet the number is really low

The last one I was involved in was one guy slowly driving down a road at daybreak and wouldn't let another guy pass. Couldn't prove the first guy knew the second guy was actively hunting. Splitting hairs, but that's how these things can go.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Jag is a class act. Vandalize people's property and shoot people's dogs. WOW! Blows my mind there are hunters like that in the bush.
    It gets better dana...they then post their actions/ideas on a public forum...wow.
    Unfortunately the world is full of all kinds of hunters/people who have ****ed values...
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

This type of thing is happening more and more often. As more and more hunters are pushed into smaller and smaller areas due to lack or game, lack of access, season reductions and closures a few guys are taking that selfish, f*&^ the other guys approach and using their camp and equipment to create their own private game reserves. I've come across this three times in the past few years, most recently during my moose trip in reg 6 I found a group blocking access to miles of road and access to a lake didn't stop to take pictures but should have. I believe this some group to have blocked the same road 2 years ago. and once about 10 years ago I was hunting in the peace during the august opening and came across a group of 8 guys blocking access to one of the only large lakes in the area with their camp. When I confronted them about access they begrudgingly let me drive my quad around, their excuse was "we've been coming here for years" "we always camp here"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggdon View Post
    This type of thing is happening more and more often. As more and more hunters are pushed into smaller and smaller areas due to lack or game, lack of access, season reductions and closures a few guys are taking that selfish, f*&^ the other guys approach and using their camp and equipment to create their own private game reserves. I've come across this three times in the past few years, most recently during my moose trip in reg 6 I found a group blocking access to miles of road and access to a lake didn't stop to take pictures but should have. I believe this some group to have blocked the same road 2 years ago. and once about 10 years ago I was hunting in the peace during the august opening and came across a group of 8 guys blocking access to one of the only large lakes in the area with their camp. When I confronted them about access they begrudgingly let me drive my quad around, their excuse was "we've been coming here for years" "we always camp here"
    Well if they say they have been doing it for years then its not really for the reasons you mentioned.

Its been a long time since I took the core course, but isn't there something about hunter ethics?
    Hunters leaving garbage, driving slowly up roads to not allow anyone to pass, blocking roads and other hunters access, or to the guys who pulled up to my camp (again) and start following my ****ing tracks in the snow and start hunting, wtf is wrong with you??

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    Its been a long time since I took the core course, but isn't there something about hunter ethics?
    Hunters leaving garbage, driving slowly up roads to not allow anyone to pass, blocking roads and other hunters access, or to the guys who pulled up to my camp (again) and start following my ****ing tracks in the snow and start hunting, wtf is wrong with you??
    Unfortunatley, humans tend to suck. I would rather hunt (and surf as it’s the same territorial issue) at less than stellar spots, than deal with the a-holes at the “good spots”.