Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Blocking road with camp

Re: Blocking road with camp

I've said it before, resource roads are NOT hunting roads. Never block a road, whether it's 10km or 100 yards before the end. You may be impeding someone's lively hood. Silliness like that is what gets roads gated...

I see where some of you guys are coming from when you say deflating the tires of the blocking vehicle may present a life threatening situation for the passengers of said vehicle.

but here's the thing... they parked across the road not giving a care about who might be already up there and if they needed an emergency evacuation.

Maybe a guy was planning to hike/hunt from the next road over and get picked up by his partner 20km up this road that the partner can not access anymore.

People who have have no regard for others get none from me.

2 wrongs dont make a right.. meh whatever, a lesson needs to be taught. This snowflake mentality is exactly why we have so many inconsiderate a holes. People are too afraid to educate them on etiquette.

Don't want flat tires, don't park across a road. It's not a tough concept. Besides anyone traveling the back country without a compressor is a moron. Park across a road and don't have a compressor... let Darwin sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Busterpayton54 View Post
    I see where some of you guys are coming from when you say deflating the tires of the blocking vehicle may present a life threatening situation for the passengers of said vehicle.

but here's the thing... they parked across the road not giving a care about who might be already up there and if they needed an emergency evacuation.

Maybe a guy was planning to hike/hunt from the next road over and get picked up by his partner 20km up this road that the partner can not access anymore.

People who have have no regard for others get none from me.

2 wrongs dont make a right.. meh whatever, a lesson needs to be taught. This snowflake mentality is exactly why we have so many inconsiderate a holes. People are too afraid to educate them on etiquette.

Don't want flat tires, don't park across a road. It's not a tough concept. Besides anyone traveling the back country without a compressor is a moron. Park across a road and don't have a compressor... let Darwin sort it out.
    Great post!

Definitely a lot of messed up people out there who block roads. Another one I have run into is guys who presumably wanted to hunt the same area see our jeep parked there before first light while we are starting our hike in, then blow off 5 rounds next to the our jeep, slam their door and peel off. Actually walked back to see if we could catch up with the guy(s) offer them some tissue and make them YouTube famous. I suspect these are the same type of personalities that block roads.

Been lucky enough the last couple years I havent personally encountered interference, but I still see the odd vehicle blocking roads (that i dont hunt) that go on for 10km and more.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 11-05-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Great post!
    Another vote for great post.

So would you tough guys vandalize the vehicle if the owners were there and refused to move? Bet you snowflakes would mouth off and melt away, especially if the occupants were not little old men. It's not your place to hand out the punishment, as much as it may be deserved. Hopefully it's the day the crews are hauling in some heavy equipment.

How could anybody think to block a road?
    What makes them think that there may not be someone further down the road, wanting to come back out.
    Play with someones vehicle, probably not, but report with lots of video and photo, absolutely.

Block the road, and I find myself not getting "back out"!!
    Then you have problems.
    Winch is coming out, and I would not care what gets ripped off.
    As for Snowflakes or not, guess you will have to find out?

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    So would you tough guys vandalize the vehicle if the owners were there and refused to move? Bet you snowflakes would mouth off and melt away, especially if the occupants were not little old men. It's not your place to hand out the punishment, as much as it may be deserved. Hopefully it's the day the crews are hauling in some heavy equipment.
    if the vehicle is occupied then they aren't created a hazard themselves. Then it all comes down to being confrontational. Some might be inclined to escalate things way out there in no mans land without a witness.

If i I put myself in the hole blockers shoes, and stood my ground refusing to let a guy through... I really wouldn't want to be sitting there like a duck either.

not sure where this whole violence and vandalizing thing is coming from...we pushed the little trailer over with our hands sliding it on the snow and ice...did not do any damage to anyones stuff, nor were we violent in any way, we just werent going to let them block us from getting to a place where we had just as much right as them to go.

i was locked in behind a gate once...

only time i was with a mobile welder...
    cut went through and repaired.