Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blocking road with camp

Re: Blocking road with camp

What a bunch of A**holes!
    I am actually surprised you could get those pics with them being present.
    You did absolutely the right thing!
    Good on you, and I would do the same.
    Not sure how polite me and some of my buddies would have been, but they would know this was not going to go
    un-noticed.
    I have heard several such incidents of late from friends, all over the province.
    Can Believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    What a bunch of A**holes!
    I am actually surprised you could get those pics with them being present.
    You did absolutely the right thing!
    Good on you, and I would do the same.
    Not sure how polite me and some of my buddies would have been, but they would know this was not going to go
    un-noticed.
    I have heard several such incidents of late from friends, all over the province.
    Can Believe it!
    the first interaction we were somewhat reserved and let them know they were wrong and needed to move, the next time we came back, we were definitely not polite, but also non violent

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

It's a good thing selfish and ignorant people like those are not the norm.
    My wife and I came upon a similar scenario many years ago. A large group of young people
    had not only set up a camp, but had also built a large campfire right in the middle of a major
    through road that led to many other roads, a fishing camp, and private property. One of their
    party had actually tried to drive around their camp by using a narrow side road, and in doing
    so had rolled his newish truck just above their camp. When we came onto the scene it was obvious
    most of the young people were in various stages of drunkenness. Only after threatening to drive
    over their gear did they clear a path for us. We came back out a couple of days later and were
    relieved they had left but were horrified by all the garbage and mess they had left. What was puzzling
    to us was how far they had come from a major highway just to party....literally a couple of hours of driving.

Some people eh. That's crazy

Been hunting since 65 & only 2x came across hunters intentionally blocking the road intersection with vehicles & with vehicles + camp. In both cases managed to drive around by clearing a path.

One time at the Gang a guy parked his vehicle at 90 deg blocking only 1/2 of the road. We drove around & met the guy road hunting by foot. His excuse was that he wanted hunters know that he was there.
    The other times the hunters gave us a dirty look on our way back.

One of the reasons I always carry sat. phone, GPS, cameras nowadays.
    Intentional road block- report it to a CO asap.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Wow!! That's unreal, I've com across to camps like that on the island, it's a huge pissoff for sure!!!!! Glad you reported it!

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    the first interaction we were somewhat reserved and let them know they were wrong and needed to move, the next time we came back, we were definitely not polite, but also non violent
    I know of one time where a road was blocked, not too long ago.
    The one fellow blocked a road, due to the other group continuously hounding other hunters by driving at 80 kms
    an hr up and down every road (I believe it was their hunting tactic, to catch deer quickly on the roads).
    But they ended up on many folks bumpers, day in day out, and heard plenty of complaints.
    Anyways, guy blocks road about a klick from the end, that other group decided to get back at him by
    blocking the road so he couldn't get out!
    1 guy, with wife and 2 small kids, against 5 or 6 family members, not good!
    So, original blocker was asked to get out of truck, which you can understand he didn't.
    Someone slashed a tire, which sounded like a gunshot
    So he quickly whipped out the pepper spray, and a couple of the guys hit the ground full of spray!
    Then, the guy takes his truck, puts it into drive, and slams thru the barricade of several vehicles!
    His truck sustains too much damage to drive on, so out he goes, with rifle, and into the woods!
    Finally calling RCMP.
    Supposedly more gunshots fired? (but I cant verify it)

Sound like fun huh!!!
    Tow truck comes in, to remove several vehicles that ended up being destroyed!

We now nickname the area "Demolition Bowl" when it comes to our hunting areas

Both parties were in the wrong, one by blocking, the others by acting they owned the area, and were forcing people to the side of the roads.

Since you had your phone i would have video taped or voice recorded the whole conversation..

Public place, not an infringement on privacy, just may not be admissable in court (if they were not aware you were recording them, but let that be decided in court)
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Hmmm after the asshats who blocked my way into my camera..which was actually stolen..grrr cant believe these asshats..
    Did you ever get reply from conservation officers. .
    You did good.l cant open the picture here Ben..
    However be careful..legally you cant touch their stuff. .some would get violent..others have you charged..
    Glad they saw it correctly
    Cheers
    Stevej

Saw this several times up here in the cariboo, particularly back when we had open any bull seasons. Came on one, one day that had a couple trailers and a couple trucks blocking a road into a huge area with many more side roads off of it. 1 set of tire tracks past the camp heading in. I noticed the tires on one of the travel trailers were flat....quick look and you could see every tire in camp was flat!! They had a pretty good size genny with little balloon tires and even those were flat!!! HaHa!! Didn't appear to have been slashed....just looked like someone let all the air out of them!! HaHa! I had plenty of other good spots, so just had a good laugh and went on my way!

Some folks just seem to have a sense of entitlement that is hard to comprehend!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson