Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Run in with a wrong CO

Re: Run in with a wrong CO

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    I was invited to hunt in Pennsylvania a few years ago. I jumped at the chance. While we were there we ran into a couple of their COs. They checked our tags and licenses and mentioned that I had come a long way to hunt. They asked me if I would come back. I said I'd like to but why ask. They said they wanted to make sure I'd had a good time and would I consider returning. Every penny of their pay came from hunters and sales of licenses and tags. Love to see that here
    I had a similar experience while ice fishing in Alberta. After he looked at our licenses and saw one guy from bc, the only questions he asked pertained to the trip and made sure everybody was enjoying themselves.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I had a positive experience. 2 co s stopped in our stag party in the spring . Our guns and licenses were all safe and in check as well as fishing licenses . Received a warning ticket for no bail bucket and a few little things we should have had on the boat . They informed us of a few campfire rules and left on a good note from both sides .

Its a new reg. and a little on the complicated side so there will be a little more confusion than normal for the first little while. I've had nothing but good experiences with COs. At the end of the day they're like us only human and you can't expect anyone to have the rules 100% perfectly committed to memory 100% of the time. I SAF didn't with my working career the odd mistake WILL happen.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Buy the time they come out to my camp they already have heard what a bad guy I am and all the crap . Its my fault as if you get yappy I put you on the spot like right now . IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ENEMIES YOU HAVE NEVER STUCK UP FOR ANYTHING

I've dealt with a co on my trapline that told me I was breaking the law by baiting etc... threatened to charge me unless I removed bait asap. When I tried explaining I was allowed she raised her voice and said it want up.for debate and was telling me top do it!!!

So I drove out 2 hours one way to dig through snow and take all the bait.

Later I call another officer and he backs me and says he wl talk to her

Bothers me cause she was so mean and threatening

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterTV View Post
    I've dealt with a co on my trapline that told me I was breaking the law by baiting etc... threatened to charge me unless I removed bait asap. When I tried explaining I was allowed she raised her voice and said it want up.for debate and was telling me top do it!!!

So I drove out 2 hours one way to dig through snow and take all the bait.

Later I call another officer and he backs me and says he wl talk to her

Bothers me cause she was so mean and threatening
    It's always a good idea to ask for a business card or some form of Id. Don't wait to take notes, soon as she leaves write down the interaction...and do NOT let it go. Call people send emails and be a pain in the ass to her superiors.

Her supervisor said when I called him...she was mistakened and he would talk to her

I tried telling him to ask her to conduct herself better and not be so mean. He said wouldnt touch that request

Never did hear from her again... but probably now if shes reading this hahaha