Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Run in with a wrong CO

Re: Run in with a wrong CO

When I received the Mule Deer bag limit email, as I have an Antlerless Mule Deer tag, my first thought was that there must be a whole lot of people coming home with 2 Mulies and punching both their tags without even realizing they had made a mistake until the game check informed them of it. I also think from conversations with hunters, that a lot of people do not understand how the General Season and the Limited Entry Season work together. The wording is kind of confusing, unless you read the regulations a few times through, and I think a lot more people struggle to understand the bag limits than would admit. I was in a few conversations with hunters where some got it right away but some argued that they could still get 2 Mule Deer in region 3. That CO should have known or was playing games I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Sex on fronts????
    More than just superman, would have to expect that the moose was a hermaphrodite???
    Antlers? But that’d only work if you didn’t quarter the front half.

I have never had an issue with a CO.. treat them with respect and they return the favor.. come off as a know it all dick who pays their wages
    .. have fun..

They are doing a job, not one i want and they deal with all sorts of personalities..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    I have never had an issue with a CO.. treat them with respect and they return the favor.. come off as a know it all dick who pays their wages
    .. have fun..

They are doing a job, not one i want and they deal with all sorts of personalities..
    agreed l and I don’t see us doing ourselves any favours by voicing complaints on line.
    Hunters are often our own worst enemies.
    This was a minor err in judgement, happens.
    Many of these changes didn’t come till late in the season, let’s hope most are aware, especially those with leh draw.
    LEH is NOT a free or bonus tag, same laws are in place, 1 Mulie this year
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    Antlers? But that’d only work if you didn’t quarter the front half.
    Fair enough, long day for me!!
    But then again, some people debone.
    Pecker on 1 side only, and I guess if you are capable, balls on the other.
    Antlers/head sometimes come down separate.

I was invited to hunt in Pennsylvania a few years ago. I jumped at the chance. While we were there we ran into a couple of their COs. They checked our tags and licenses and mentioned that I had come a long way to hunt. They asked me if I would come back. I said I'd like to but why ask. They said they wanted to make sure I'd had a good time and would I consider returning. Every penny of their pay came from hunters and sales of licenses and tags. Love to see that here

I had an experience once in boston bar. Shot a anterless whitey in 3-30. Went through a game check and was pulled over. CO checks over my deer and started in on me that I had harvested a buck illegally. I agreed it was an antlerless buck and he still could not let it go even after letting him know that the regs are for antlerless not buck vs does. Finally asked him for his lead CO. He comes over and the original CO all hyped up starts in on how im in the wrong and that i shot a buck in an antlerless opening.

Lead CO looks at me shakes his head and says have a nice day.
    I didnt even know I knew how to ninja roll...but its my new move in a pinch....

but if anyone could point me in the right direction for dirty hookers, it would be much appreciated. And possibly a lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    I had an experience once in boston bar. Shot a anterless whitey in 3-30. Went through a game check and was pulled over. CO checks over my deer and started in on me that I had harvested a buck illegally. I agreed it was an antlerless buck and he still could not let it go even after letting him know that the regs are for antlerless not buck vs does. Finally asked him for his lead CO. He comes over and the original CO all hyped up starts in on how im in the wrong and that i shot a buck in an antlerless opening.

Lead CO looks at me shakes his head and says have a nice day.
    Did you have the head of the deer with you to prove it?

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    I was invited to hunt in Pennsylvania a few years ago. I jumped at the chance. While we were there we ran into a couple of their COs. They checked our tags and licenses and mentioned that I had come a long way to hunt. They asked me if I would come back. I said I'd like to but why ask. They said they wanted to make sure I'd had a good time and would I consider returning. Every penny of their pay came from hunters and sales of licenses and tags. Love to see that here
    so how was the hunt? A million deer and a million people?

yup boston bar had to wait for the bird identifier for 3 male ruffed grouse....after a hour and the highway was getting icy i asked the head co whats up...he said have a safe trip home.